VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 11:51:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My opinion after two weeks: The SEC East is wide open  (Read 1997 times)
BigOrange Maniac
« on: September 11, 2011, 03:33:53 EDT »

And I mean WIDE OPEN.

By no means am I suggesting UT has a realistic shot at making it to Atlanta, because I don't think this team is strong enough yet to go to The Swamp and win. And even if we were to find a way to upset UF next week, there are too many brutal SEC games week in and week out for a young team to overcome the obstacles in front of it.

But this is going to be a very interesting season. I thought South Carolina was the odds-on favorite to win the East, but the Cocks don't exactly look invincible at this point.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 07:47:12 EDT »

Agree that it's wide open.

USC did not look as strong as I thought they would today.   Then again, it seems like USC and uga always play close, no matter how good either is.

The wildcard is UF.  Hard to say how good they are yet with the new coach.  Our game this week is very relevant to the East race, which has not been true  since at least 08, but realistically 07.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 07:16:19 EDT »

Cocks are defensively pretty bad, offensively very good. You are right, wide open East

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: