VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 11:16:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *sigh* Kiffin is harder to get shed of than the scabies...  (Read 5297 times)
BigOrange Maniac
« on: September 27, 2011, 04:23:56 EDT »

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ys-robinson_former_vols_aide_paid_seastrunk_airfare_092611

I've pinched myself so many times hoping that the Kiffin experiment will turn out to be a bad dream that my arm is turning blue.  Wake me up when it's over. 
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 04:28:29 EDT »

I don't, however, think this part of the Yahoo report is correct:

An NCAA finding of a major violation would be particularly troubling for Tennessee. The Volunteers athletic program was cited in August for “failure to monitor” when its men’s basketball program was placed on two years probation for a variety of major infractions under former coach Bruce Pearl.

The school could be deemed a “repeat offender,” which would call for additional and stiffer sanctions.

The failure to monitor, as it pertained to football, covered violations that occurred AFTER Garza's alleged violation. Can a school be charged as a repeat offender for something that occurred prior to the violations that led to the failure to monitor? I certainly wouldn't think so, though I'm obviously talking out of my rearend with no real knowledge.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 04:32:17 EDT »

Bother.    Not good, but I can't stand Lyles' attitude.  He was a big part of the problem, and he acts like an offended innocent. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 04:49:56 EDT »

The failure to monitor, as it pertained to football, covered violations that occurred AFTER Garza's alleged violation. Can a school be charged as a repeat offender for something that occurred prior to the violations that led to the failure to monitor? I certainly wouldn't think so, though I'm obviously talking out of my rearend with no real knowledge.

There was no failure to monitor for football. Only basketball. Right?

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 05:04:06 EDT »

Also earlier in the article the UT spokesperson says that neither the school or conference believes it qualifies for repeat violator status. I think you are right. UT could get dinged but it shouldn't qualify under repeat violator because we werent in the window.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 05:15:39 EDT »

There was no failure to monitor for football. Only basketball. Right?

You're right. I had forgotten that. http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jul/26/ut-lists-staffs-efforts/

Usually Yahoo is not very sloppy with their investigative reports, so that's surprising. There isn't an NCAA policy that allows them to apply violations between sports in order to assess a repeat offender status, is there?
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 10:24:20 EDT »

Hamilton and Kiffin the gift that keeps on giving.        
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 01:48:53 EDT »

fizzleing morons couldn't even cheat right.  Don't they know the golden rule of buying recruits?  ALWAYS PAY IN CASH.

VOLveeta
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 02:12:47 EDT »

I swear to goodness, just when you think we are finally done with this shizzlee, here we go again.  Good grief what a disaster that man is.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/44681028/ns/sports-college_football/
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 03:50:47 EDT »

You're right. I had forgotten that. http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jul/26/ut-lists-staffs-efforts/

Usually Yahoo is not very sloppy with their investigative reports, so that's surprising. There isn't an NCAA policy that allows them to apply violations between sports in order to assess a repeat offender status, is there?

I *think* (and I stress think) that there IS a provision where repeat offender status can be applied between sports. I vaguely remember schools being worried about football because basketball was on probation, and it seems like Bama dealt with this.

However I have a meeting in 10 minutes and I'm too lazy to research it.

That being said, repeat violator violations have to happen in the repeat violator window and that didn't start until just a couple of months ago. I don't think they can (or at least they shouldn't be able to) slap you with a retroactive repeat violator status. I think this would add to what we had before rather than stand on its own, and I'm guessing the University can show that they had no idea about what happened since they didn't report it during the bigger investigation. You know they would have, no school would be stupid enough to hold that back.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 04:08:04 EDT »

Good Lord how I would love to slap Lane Kiffin in his smug face.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 02:12:37 EDT »

Good Lord how I would love to slap Lane Kiffin in his smug face.

Saturday night vs. Asu it did not ook smug. More like pissed off. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: