VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 11:02:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dooley is going to stay  (Read 7208 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2011, 09:47:00 EST »

My question is if there will be any staff changes.  I'd like to see two, both on the offensive side of the ball, the OL/TE coaches.  I saw little to no improvement in those positions and one could make the point we regressed. 

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 10:52:20 EST »

If Dooley stays I hope we get a new offensive staff............one that will run the ball more with a better run scheme

Go Big Orange.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 11:01:08 EST »

If I did a good job 41% of the time................I would be fired

Go Big Orange.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 11:58:52 EST »

If Dooley stays I hope we get a new offensive staff............one that will run the ball more with a better run scheme

Hence my desire for a new OL coach ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 08:12:50 EST »

As far as Dooley is concerned, I'm still in his corner. I'm not sure he's the guy to get us back to elite status, but I hope he is and I still think the verdict is out.

The staff as a whole is not the staff to get us to elite status...that's for dang sure. We need to make at least two changes, maybe three. Hiestad must go as OL Coach.  Russell must go as TE/Special Teams Coach. I'd also like to see us make a run at getting Eddie Gran back for RB's, but I think that's prolly a pipe dream.

With almost everyone else, 2012 will be the litmus test for whether or not I stay on the Dooley bandwagon.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 07:20:50 EST »

As far as Dooley is concerned, I'm still in his corner. I'm not sure he's the guy to get us back to elite status, but I hope he is and I still think the verdict is out.

The staff as a whole is not the staff to get us to elite status...that's for dang sure. We need to make at least two changes, maybe three. Hiestad must go as OL Coach.  Russell must go as TE/Special Teams Coach. I'd also like to see us make a run at getting Eddie Gran back for RB's, but I think that's prolly a pipe dream.

With almost everyone else, 2012 will be the litmus test for whether or not I stay on the Dooley bandwagon.

Eddie Gran back...man, that would be great.  Not very likely, but it sure would be nice.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 02:59:45 EST »

Get a new OC, OL/TE coach, and shift roles to get a RB coach. Can't get it done in the SEC with no RB coach.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 11:54:26 EST »

My question is if there will be any staff changes.  I'd like to see two, both on the offensive side of the ball, the OL/TE coaches.  I saw little to no improvement in those positions and one could make the point we regressed. 

Dooley to Me is starting to remind Me of Ray Goff at Georgia. I'm starting to understand what the UGA fans went through from 1993-1995

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 05:14:25 EST »

I understand all the hullabaloo about what has happened and what I'm fixing to say is in no way trying to whitewash what has happened this year.
Having said that I can't help but wonder how many wins the Vols would ahve had if Hunter and Bray had not gotten hurt. I do think we would have beatn Georgia, South Carolina, Kentucky and may have given Arkansas a run for thier money. That's arecord of 7 and possibly eight wins this year. Just saying.

I do think some changes need to be nade on the offenseive side of the ball. RB coach, OC, and line coach for sure. TE was very productive while Bray was healthy. DEfensiuvely I to think we need a new DB coach. Horrbile play for what ever reason.
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 06:34:37 EST »

I think you can make that statement about injuries and winning UGA and South Carolina.  But there is no excuse for losing to UK because of injuries.  This team should have beat UK with or without those guys.  They did it against Vandy without those guys and vandy killed UK. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 08:14:26 EST »

I'll give you USC, I think we could have beat them with just Bray back.  Assuming that Garcia and Lattimore are also still gone, of course.   I am not so sure about uga.  I thought they defended the pass very well.  Maybe Hunter makes a difference, maybe not.  Bray did play most of that game, and rather ineffecitvely IMO.  I think with Hunter we might have beaten UF, and that might even have been more likely than uga.

UK we should have beaten regardless.  We did have Bray back for that.

Next year is a new year.  Hopefully we shake this off and have some real success.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
buckyvol
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 12:48:31 EST »

I don't post here often but I read it most every day.  My 2 cents: no matter what happens to my team (I am an admitted Baltimore Oriolee fan) I will always, ALWAYS pull for the Big Orange, no matter who is coaching, wearing the the jersey, or sitting in the stands.  As bad as things were this year, I saw glimpses of what could be. Bray to Hunter was getting geared up.  Da'rick showed he is a stud at times, defense held it's own given the cards they were dealt.  The running game, and the special teams obviously need a miracle makeover.  We played well at times against some pretty damn good teams.  We sucked at times and it was painful to watch.  So where do we go?  DD should be given every opportunity to show he can recruit, develop some depth and yes, address himself and his staff, kick the team's ass next spring and man-up next fall to smack somebody in the mouth.  But the fans can do thier part as well by supporting the team, the coaches and the University.  And we should also be realistic about where we and how we got here, but more importantly put it behind.  Losing to Kentucky may seem the lowest of the low, but it could be worse.  Penn State comes to mind. 

Understandbly the majority of the Volnation is unhappy, upset, pissed, call it what you will.  But I for one ain't gonna stop wearing my orange attire because were sitting in the 'abyss" as it seems. 

So come next September, raise lift up your sour mash and branch water ladies and gentlemen and say:

GO BIG ORANGE! GO BIG ORANGE! GO BIG ORANGE!  GO BIG ORANGE!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 04:52:57 EST »

I don't post here often but I read it most every day.  My 2 cents: no matter what happens to my team (I am an admitted Baltimore Oriolee fan) I will always, ALWAYS pull for the Big Orange, no matter who is coaching, wearing the the jersey, or sitting in the stands.  As bad as things were this year, I saw glimpses of what could be. Bray to Hunter was getting geared up.  Da'rick showed he is a stud at times, defense held it's own given the cards they were dealt.  The running game, and the special teams obviously need a miracle makeover.  We played well at times against some pretty damn good teams.  We sucked at times and it was painful to watch.  So where do we go?  DD should be given every opportunity to show he can recruit, develop some depth and yes, address himself and his staff, kick the team's ass next spring and man-up next fall to smack somebody in the mouth.  But the fans can do thier part as well by supporting the team, the coaches and the University.  And we should also be realistic about where we and how we got here, but more importantly put it behind.  Losing to Kentucky may seem the lowest of the low, but it could be worse.  Penn State comes to mind. 

Understandbly the majority of the Volnation is unhappy, upset, pissed, call it what you will.  But I for one ain't gonna stop wearing my orange attire because were sitting in the 'abyss" as it seems. 

So come next September, raise lift up your sour mash and branch water ladies and gentlemen and say:

GO BIG ORANGE! GO BIG ORANGE! GO BIG ORANGE!  GO BIG ORANGE!

Great post.  Time for the real Vol fans to stand up and be counted, you might say.  Good riddance to the bandwagon types.  Don't be a stranger.  Post some more.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: