VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 04:05:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Basilios expose of Tennessee football (same old Basilio)  (Read 5635 times)
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2011, 02:53:41 EST »

http://m.tonybasilio.com/index.php?page=tony&b=1270

Course it wasn't (as usual), quite the big bombshell that he hyped yesterday and Monday.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 02:56:30 EST »

What a load of garbage

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 02:59:22 EST »

There's nothing in Basilio's "one shot deal" that hasn't already been said countless times on messageboards and whispered about. So much for his expose. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 03:14:39 EST »

I think he added some meat to the suppositions and rumors, at least for me.  

Basilio graduated the same year as me, not that it means anything.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 03:19:04 EST »

I don't see how Basilio can ever add meat to any rumors...because two-thirds of what he throws out there is nothing but unsubstantiated rumors.

Not that this isn't true...I think there's at least a little fire behind the smoke. But Basilio is always throwing around these "sources" without ever naming them. And they've certainly been wrong before.

Maybe I just have a chip on my shoulder when it comes to Basilio, but it cracks me up that he goes on and on about how he doesn't want to tell this story but he must, as if it's up to him to educate the rest of the naive UT fan base, who wouldn't know what was going on if it wasn't for him. Why not just tell the story and leave off the self-serving, egotistical horseshizzle?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 03:26:40 EST by BigOrange Maniac » Logged
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 03:36:00 EST »

Somewhat enlightening, after you get halfway through it and the "It hurts me to post this but I must" garbage.

Dooley needs to man up, do his job, and get control of this situation.

Also, could Kiffin's one recruiting class be the single most destructive/disruptive class in the history of college football?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 03:38:09 EST »

He did say he was only going to mention it once and let it go, which is good.  There seems to be some substance to what he is saying.  Dooley to some extent has to favor "his guys" in the program, and that probably causes some resentment as well.  Saban ran off a whole bunch of Shula's players after his first year.   

Based on the effort or lack of vs. Kentucky, I would say Dooley has his hands full, no matter how much more Basilio did or did not add.  You almost don't need the rumors.

At least Bray did admit he played a "horrible game" vs. Kentucky, so at least he knows he has to improve.  Getting Hunter back might also help keep Da'Rick in check.  He is definitely a bit cocky.

I have no doubt Basilio is self-serving....most media types are.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 03:46:50 EST »

I have no doubt Basilio is self-serving....most media types are.   

That wasn't a subtle little potshot was it? 
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 04:13:20 EST »

Damn!  wake me when the blah blah blah stops!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 04:19:38 EST »

If I were the coach at UT, I wouldn't let Basilio anywhere near my program.  He is the Julian Assange of UT football.

Volcreed
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 05:02:01 EST »

Take a few facts, pour in some finger pointing from 5-7 team, and add a coach a lot  fans are looking to throw under bus perfect recipe to feed the the monster. Next thing you know we will be tracking airplanes. I hear they are some good news headed our way on the recruiting front and staff front, and I am going try to focus on that to help easy my pain. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 05:09:57 EST »

Denico Autry?  (4* Juco DE)
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 05:25:02 EST »

Folks, I played and coached way too long to believe for an instant that ANY coach on any level would let this kind of stuff go on! Ain't going to happen, any coach would know what would happen next. The crap about Bray "drawing stuff up in the dirt", couldn't happen either! He would have NEVER completed a pass without timing in the SEC or any other conference. This sounds like sour grapes by someone who got Behind a freshman and thought he should have played in front of him. Bassillo or how ever you spell his name is a complete IDIOT!

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 05:27:44 EST »

Folks, I played and coached way too long to believe for an instant that ANY coach on any level would let this kind of stuff go on! Ain't going to happen, any coach would know what would happen next. The crap about Bray "drawing stuff up in the dirt", couldn't happen either! He would have NEVER completed a pass without timing in the SEC or any other conference. This sounds like sour grapes by someone who got Behind a freshman and thought he should have played in front of him. Bassillo or how ever you spell his name is a complete IDIOT!

I buy part of it -- the bad attitudes, etc. But I also laughed at the drawing up plays in the dirt. I don't believe that for a minute. For Basilio's sake, I hope he truly got in touch with some folks at least loosely associated with the program before he wrote all that, instead of just taking Internet messageboard rumors and running with them. But it certainly wouldn't be the first time...
Volcreed
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 05:37:35 EST »

Denico Autry?  (4* Juco DE)

I am assuming here of course, but yes no insider just read all the boards and someone with usually sound information was indicating that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: