VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 02:14:50 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ranking the SEC after week 6  (Read 1924 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2012, 02:24:09 EDT »

1 - SCe - Yes, I have them as better than Bama right now. They don't play Bama, but I think they will win the East and play them in the SECC. The reason? Their defense is dominating, and they have a really good dual threat QB. Lattimore is no slouch either. Excellent special teams play too.
2 - Bama - This is a really good team, but I don't think they're as good as people think. Thing is, I look at their schedule and they will likely go undefeated. They have, IMO, a few concerns in the secondary, which hasn't been tested.
3 - Florida- The surprise team of the SEC so far. Most predicted 7-5 to 8-4, but this FL team can run the ball, has a QB who doesn't make a lot of mistakes, and a stifling defense. Their game against SCe in 2 weeks will be for the East
4 - LSU - FL exposed them a little on the run defense, but they have to do something on offense. Their inept offense will tire out any defense. Still, a pretty strong team
5 - Georgia - Georgia's defense has had some problems this year. Still a strong offensive team.
6 - aTm - After barely losing to FL in the opener, they have gone a quiet 4-0. This is a young team that is getting better
7 - UT - Potent offense, and a pretty bad defense. Looks like a likely 8-4 record for this team. Defense has to be better for them to challenge in the East.
8 - Miss State - 5-0, but haven't defeated a good team yet. Troy may be the best team they have played so far.
9 - Ole Miss - OM is a better team this year than last. Freeze is doing a pretty good job with what he has.
10 - Arkansas - Their offense isn't doing what they were doing last year - being balanced. This team is the worst team in the SEC at running the ball. OL has been bad, and the defense is a wreck. Which is why they are 2-4.
11 - Vanderbilt - Vandy moves up a little after beating Mizzou. Still not a good team.
12 - Missouri - They're finding out that life in the SEC is not easy, and their offense isn't having the success it had in the Big 12. Injuries and suspensions have not helped.
13 - Auburn - One of the worst Auburn teams in memory. Won't win more than 4 games. Bad offense, QB is not very good, can't move the ball. Defense isn't very good either.
14 - Kentucky - Just a horrible team, even when healthy -  and now really hit hard with injuries. They may struggle to beat Samford in November. Bye bye Joker.
NC Enginerd
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 03:53:55 EDT »

hooray!   

i am not sure you are right, however.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G.K. Chesterton ILN, 4/19/24
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 04:10:24 EDT »

hooray!   

i am not sure you are right, however.

Why...do you think we are worse than KY? Cause I do.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 10:44:50 EDT »

Pretty good take.  Some comments....

Sce - Right now I think they have the best D in the conference.  Their DC is quietly one of the best in the country and they are loaded with talent.  Are they best in the league overall?  Can't say because I'm still not sold on their QB.  But with SOS behind the offense, they can probably score 20 on anyone even with an average QB, so maybe they are the best.  We will find out.  They have consecutive road games @LSU and @UF the next two weeks.

Side note - IMO their DC is a great HC candidate.  Top notch defensive mind and can recruit as well.  Lacks HC experience, but...

Bama - has a weak schedule for sure.  We will be the biggest test for them to date, particularly if Missouri's QB is out.  Michigan is a decent team, but it was at a neutral site and I think we could take Michigan.  Looking forward to our game with them.

LSU - probably is almost completely on the offensive side of the ball. Miles just doesn't build teams that pass well.  He should probably hire Chaney.   

Other notes...our game coming up will obviously decide between 7-8, but right now you have it right.  Not yet sure that ATM belongs ahead of either of us, but they are definitely at the same level if not better.

I see Arkansas as improving in spite of hteir problems.  THink they could  move up as the season goes on.  Ole Miss is only below Vandy because Missouri's QB got hurt.  Otherwise vandy is only ahead of Auburn and UK, and I think Auburn could easily beat them.

Pretty good summary....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: