VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 07:37:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bob Gilbert on Finebaum this afternoon  (Read 4414 times)
buckyvol
Walk-On

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2012, 12:01:03 EDT »

I've never heard a more pessimistic analysis of the state of affairs in regards to Tennessee football.  He said this is the worst he has seen since covering the Vols since 1944.  He seems to think not only should Dooley go, but Hart, the Chancellor and Board of Trustees as well.  I know he wrote a book on General Neyland, but who is this guy?  I mean, I know we have problems (to say the least), but from listening to him, I get the impression we should just close down the football program.  Granted Dooley is not going to get us where we want to be, but is the football program and the administration in general that disfunctional?  I see signs of life, but all too often I see nightmares from last season.  The defense looks absolutely lost at times.

I would just like to see us put 4 good quarters together this weekend.  At least be competetive for a change.  Give me some hope Vols.  Change and hope!  That's the ticket.  Or is it hope and change?  Or is it hope we change the coach in 2012?

If Bray, Hunter and Cordarelle leave for the NFL, next year will be even worse.  I think Dooley deserved a chance to prove himself this year, but next year would just put us further in the hole if we keep him.  Is there a Messiah out there?  Someone to lead us to the promised land?  A miracle worker?  Help me somebody!

« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 12:12:08 EDT by buckyvol » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 12:04:07 EDT »

Not sure about Gibson...the name has a vaguely negative connotation of someone who is a critic of the Vols anyway, but I have no idea.

I will say this.  The case can be made for Dooley to go, but not Hart, not yet.  Certainly the board and chancellor are, I hope, bigger than football.   

This period we are in is comparable to the lowest point the Vols have hit since Neyland came along in the 20s.  That is certainly true.  But that's a testament to just how consistent our program has been over the years.

We are in a low point.  The admin shoulders it's share of blame, but at least Hamilton is gone.  I would definitley give Hart a chance, he's barely been there a year.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
buckyvol
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 12:11:17 EDT »

His name is Robert Gilbert (my bad).

I hope Hart is stockpiling some cash.  We're going to need it.  But that's a good point since he has been there only a year.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 12:14:19 EDT »

His name is Robert Gilbert (my bad).

I hope Hart is stockpiling some cash.  We're going to need it.  But that's a good point since he has been there only a year.

I'm pretty sure he's a Nashville area reporter that is always bitter and hostile towards UT sports, but ICBW.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 12:22:29 EDT »

I'm pretty sure he's a Nashville area reporter that is always bitter and hostile towards UT sports, but ICBW.

He probably bleeds Vandy gold and black

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
10EC
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 12:33:06 EDT »

He probably bleeds Vandy gold and black

Blount County writer for the Maryvill/Alcoa Daily Times.  Or at least he was.  ALWAYS negative.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 12:35:20 EDT »

Blount County writer for the Maryvill/Alcoa Daily Times.  Or at least he was.  ALWAYS negative.

I read that from time to time to keep up with Maryville and Alcoa High School football

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 12:42:06 EDT »

Gilbert's "love affair" with UT football goes way back.  He was Linda Bensol-Meyers' designated mouthpiece when she was trying to bring down the program back in the late 90's.

There's a reason why he was on Finebaum, and not a mainstream UT beat writer. 

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 12:55:42 EDT »

He could typically be found somewhere deep in the recesses of Johnny Majors posterior.  Losing his lodging sent him on the hunt for new digs, and he was lucky enough to score a much larger domicile in the warm and inviting hindquarters of Linda Bensel-Meyers.  Somewhere along this road ripe with saints, he became a bitter hack.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 02:59:15 EDT »

Gilbert's "love affair" with UT football goes way back.  He was Linda Bensol-Meyers' designated mouthpiece when she was trying to bring down the program back in the late 90's.

Yep.  You can bet that if it's on Finebaum, it's designed to give the mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, crimson horde of yard apes what they want to hear.   

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 04:13:10 EDT »

What ever happened to Witch Linda?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: