VTTW Board Index
May 01, 2024, 03:04:59 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So what are your score predictions for the Tennessee-Alabama game?  (Read 9215 times)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2012, 07:29:28 EDT »

I think Alabama plays backups late(giving up late points) and beats Tennessee 49-31

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 07:52:44 EDT »

Let you know in a couple days. 

My prediction for this past game last night was actually MSU 35, UT 31, based on a model I developed when I bet on sports, that's usually pretty good.

My prediction for uga was 45-31 uga.  I really didn't want to post either, because I didn't want to be negative.

We'll see how bama looks tomorrow or maybe later today when I can get to the stats I use.

I will post it ahead of time this time, just to see how it holds up.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 08:38:10 EDT »

Bama 45
Vols   10

Go Big Orange.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 08:45:03 EDT »

Bama 45
Vols   10

Are u going?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 08:47:07 EDT »

I will leave my seats empty in protest i think..............................you?

Go Big Orange.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 11:07:35 EDT »

I will leave my seats empty in protest i think..............................you?

Have preliminary plans to go, hope to confirm by tomorrow evening.  Are you willing to sell your tix to a fellow Vol?

You still won't be going, so it will still be a protest.   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 11:13:32 EDT »

My predict is bammer 42, Vols 17, but I truly hope to be wrong.

FWIW, I don't bother to delete old predicts, and in 2009 when we almost beat them down there I predicted bammer 30 Vols 17.

We will need to get 2-3 T/Os to have a shot IMO, but stranger things have happened.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 12:57:15 EDT »

I'll say 34 - 14 Bama right now

ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 01:59:54 EDT »

Have preliminary plans to go, hope to confirm by tomorrow evening.  Are you willing to sell your tix to a fellow Vol?

You still won't be going, so it will still be a protest.   

I'll think about it.

Go Big Orange.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 02:11:58 EDT »

I'll think about it.

Okay, I wouldn't ask but one of my best friends, a buddy I went to every home game and the bammer game in 89 at Legion Field, is going to be back in Chattanooga visiting family this weekend.  He asked me to get him a ticket and go to the game.  I would not go otherwise.  I live in Huntsville and will drive up and pick him up on the way.  Since you are in Chattanooga and not going, I thought I might as well ask.

He isn't going to commit 100% until tomorrow or Tuesday anyway, and if you don't want to do it, no big deal.  There should be plenty available outside the stadium.   

buckyvol
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 05:20:30 EDT »

You can take this to the bank (cannot be redeemed for cash value):

Tennessee 27
Bama 24

Yes, I said it.  We will beat Alabama.  Today is my birthday and I made a wish so I'm expecting a miracle.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 05:28:49 EDT »

Tennessee 27
Bama 24

Yes, I said it.  We will beat Alabama.  Today is my birthday and I made a wish so I'm expecting a miracle.

Well then if we lose it will be because you didn't wish hard enough. As long as we know who to blame.    
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 06:15:35 EDT »

My prediction is that Bama scores many, many more points than TN.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 07:05:04 EDT »

They have backs who can take it the distance........I suspect they will. The only reason MSU did not hit any home runs is because they did not have anyone who could. Our defense was not any better save the 3rd quarter and I wonder how much of that was MSU playing it safe with a big lead. 

We are extremely weak bad in the back 7. So much so I don't even know if the dl is doing a good job or not. 
Jean Voljean
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 10:16:01 EDT »

Tennessee 27
Bama 24

I'm with bucky.  On any given Saturday and this one may as well be ours.

Vols in a high scoring close one.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 12:42:18 EDT »

Correction...I made an arithmetical error.  The math model actual says 45-20 bammer.

But I like some of the tudes on here. I can foresee intangibles such as being really pissed off leading to a 28-point difference, so let's say

Vols 34
Crimson _____* 31  * (insert favorite curse word here)

Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2012, 09:10:07 EDT »

Bama 49 UT 24. Bama will run us silly. We score some late garbage points on their 2nd team D.
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2012, 09:32:45 EDT »

Shock the world!!!! 31-30 Vols win! We are past due on a big win..May not happen but that's why they still play the game..Go Vols!
10EC
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2012, 12:35:31 EDT »

They are going to skull drag us.  4 TDs at least difference
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2012, 01:55:33 EDT »

They are going to skull drag us.  4 TDs at least difference

Nah, not that bad.  We played them to a tie for a half last year and almost beat them in 2009.  We can stay much closer, and if we do, maybe we finish this time, for a change.

I'm looking forward to the game regardless.  I attended every UT-bammer game from 1987 to 1998, homo or road.  I missed 1999 due to grad school, and never really started the streak again, but I did go in 2001 and 2007.   Would have been more often but work got in the way, prior to 2007.  Since then, I haven't really wanted to go to see what looked like a likely ass whoopin.

Well no more.  I am going to support the team either way, and I will cheer just as loudly in the 4th quarter as the rest of the game. 

Dubai Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2012, 04:12:38 EDT »

I will never, ever predict a UT loss.

UT by 5
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2012, 03:21:09 EDT »

I think Alabama plays backups late(giving up late points) and beats Tennessee 49-31

The state of TN has the chance to beat the state of AL in TN this weekend.  Vandy will most likely do their part in beating my woeful, pathetic Tigers in Nashville. I think UT can keep it close with their Offense and, if they catch a break or few, will have a chance to win. More out of hopes than realism, I will predict:

UT - 28
Evil Empire - 24

Bammer suxes! That is all!
SouthwestFloridaGator
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2012, 05:06:38 EDT »

Vols 35 Bama 34
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2012, 05:23:47 EDT »

I predict we will get smoked..... once something goes wrong.

The only way we have a shot to win is if the refs actually call holding on bama and if our defense plays out of their minds for 60 mins. 

That said I will be watching and hoping until there is none.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: