VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 03:58:08 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A few questions  (Read 4469 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2012, 04:47:12 EDT »

First, this is not to "rain on anyones parade" or "anti" Lyn's new (Chucky) boyfriend or "pro" Dooley but put forward for thought

My biggest issue is this tsunami has started before there is a (public) opening. 
If Dooley has been told he is toast at the end of the year how does he feel that this Gruden wave is overlapping the top of the hill and he has no way to defend himself, i.e. he is left hanging in the wind.

If he hasn't been told he is toast is the situation any better?

If Dooley has been/will be fired, when is the public to be informed?

What if we win (I think we can) Saturday?

FWIW I think Dooley was told he was not going to be retained (or given a specific set of requirements to meet in order to be retained) on the plane trip back from Starkpatch.  Look no further than the news conference Monday.  That was a beaten/angry man in front of us.

Hart is supposed to be a secretive, controlling individual, yet most of the fan base is dancing in the streets over the thought of the dream coach being hired to deliver them from the wilderness, all based on non sourced rumours.
Consider if this is not in fact a hire, what will the fanbase reaction be?  To Hart?  To Dooley?  To the "insiders"?  It will get very very, very ugly.  For that matter, even if true the eventual departure of Dooley could get ugly, given this sequence of events.

Bottom line in my view no matter how this ends, Hart has fizzleed it up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 04:52:37 EDT »

No matter how it ends, HART fizzleed it up? There are certainly scenarios where that is the case but based on what we know, you can't say that now and I dismiss it.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 04:54:19 EDT »

No matter how it ends, HART fizzleed it up? There are certainly scenarios where that is the case but based on what we know, you can't say that now and I dismiss it.
So, it's not true and the fan base revolts or it is true he has left Dooley hanging in the wind and you don't think it is an issue?  Strange, very strange

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 05:36:24 EDT »

I've been on the same page. But, has chucky denied anything? If so, I haven't heard but I'm not lookin'. I tend to deal with "what is" rather than what might be. I think the Pirate is/has been on the mark.

Not trying to knock anyone, but if there is a change I want a proven college football coach.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 05:36:47 EDT »

I think Dooley knows his fate, and MO, right or wrong, is that he has not yet been told he is gone.

If Hart truly is pursuing Gruden, Dooley will find out when he finds out.  If not, Hart has probably already told Dooley it's false.

Either way, he needs to concentrate on winning the upcoming game if he is still in the dark.  He has no choice.  I really doubt the rumors are a distraction at this point.  His record this year and overall record vs. the SEC and ranked teams are the only distraction he should be focusing on.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 05:50:12 EDT »

If Dooley has been informed that he isn't going to be the coach next year, I don't have a problem with it. If Hart is shopping — and thus causing this firestorm of speculation — without informing Dooley of his intentions, I have a problem with it. But the possibility remains that Hart hasn't contacted anyone yet, this crapstorm is just the latest debacle brought about by the free flow of information on Al Gore's internet (remember when it was a done deal that Gruden was going to The U two years ago?), and yet Hart can't step in to calm the storm because doing so would be tantamount to a vote of confidence for Dooley, which he can't give.

Too many variables. Although I think the fact that Gruden hasn't issued the standard "I have had no contact with Tennessee" statement is probably evidence that there is some fire behind the smoke.

I think the most likely scenario is that Dooley knows he's going to be canned (as evidenced by his Monday presser), Gruden is Hart's No. 1 guy and Tennessee has floated some numbers to Gruden (which is a far cry from the guy being hired and I hope UT fans aren't setting themselves up for a major disappointment). Hart is determined to get his man in place before officially going public with Dooley's termination, which puts him in a tough spot given how quickly the Gruden speculation has blown up . . . and neither of them are really in a position to make a statement.

Hart is going to have to issue some sort of statement soon, though. My guess is that if Tennessee loses to South Carolina, Dooley will be officially canned on Monday. And given that Dooley has never really been a players coach, it's probably inevitable that UT loses and loses big. If, OTOH, this team were to rally around Dooley and win the darned thing, Hart is gonna have himself one hell of a mess on his hands. That's why Basilio was actually right for a change — Hart shoulda fired Dooley this week.
Bamabiz
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 06:05:44 EDT »

Hart is going to make a splash, whether you guys love it or hate it. He is not a reserved type of AD.

First, this is not to "rain on anyones parade" or "anti" Lyn's new (Chucky) boyfriend or "pro" Dooley but put forward for thought

My biggest issue is this tsunami has started before there is a (public) opening. 
If Dooley has been told he is toast at the end of the year how does he feel that this Gruden wave is overlapping the top of the hill and he has no way to defend himself, i.e. he is left hanging in the wind.

If he hasn't been told he is toast is the situation any better?

If Dooley has been/will be fired, when is the public to be informed?

What if we win (I think we can) Saturday?

FWIW I think Dooley was told he was not going to be retained (or given a specific set of requirements to meet in order to be retained) on the plane trip back from Starkpatch.  Look no further than the news conference Monday.  That was a beaten/angry man in front of us.

Hart is supposed to be a secretive, controlling individual, yet most of the fan base is dancing in the streets over the thought of the dream coach being hired to deliver them from the wilderness, all based on non sourced rumours.
Consider if this is not in fact a hire, what will the fanbase reaction be?  To Hart?  To Dooley?  To the "insiders"?  It will get very very, very ugly.  For that matter, even if true the eventual departure of Dooley could get ugly, given this sequence of events.

Bottom line in my view no matter how this ends, Hart has fizzleed it up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 06:36:44 EDT »

I don't think Hart can possibly eff up worse than Hamilton.

My impression is that he has a plan, for better or worse.  Let's hope it's for better!

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 11:40:30 EDT »

At this point, I trust Hart.  I believe Hart is going after Gruden with all the ammo he's got. 

So what if Dooleys feelings get hurt?  This is business, nothing personal.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 11:46:57 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 12:23:45 EDT »

At this point, I trust Hart.  I believe Hart is going after Gruden with all the ammo he's got.  

So what if Dooleys feelings get hurt?  This is business, nothing personal.
I don't give a damn if Dooley's feelings are hurt.  
I am concerned with the team and the University.

My belief , as I noted, is that HArt has informed Dooley he is toast.  All well and good.
My belief is that HArt is performing due diligence in looking for candidate(s) that may be interested.  Again all well and good.
My belief is also that Hart, the supposed secretive, knows his shizzle operator seems to have lost control of the situation.  NOT all well and good.
If Hart had announced that Dooley would not be retained and would either depart now or serve out the season then I would not have had the "questions"
When posters I respect and trust such as OV post as OV has we are no longer in the 3rd party interest guaging stage and the situation has spiraled out of control.  

No matter how this turns out I believe the University will be hurt.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:34:22 EDT by PirateVOL » Logged

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 01:34:32 EDT »

I don't give a damn if Dooley's feelings are hurt.  
I am concerned with the team and the University.

My belief , as I noted, is that HArt has informed Dooley he is toast.  All well and good.
My belief is that HArt is performing due diligence in looking for candidate(s) that may be interested.  Again all well and good.
My belief is also that Hart, the supposed secretive, knows his shizzle operator seems to have lost control of the situation.  NOT all well and good.
If Hart had announced that Dooley would not be retained and would either depart now or serve out the season then I would not have had the "questions"
When posters I respect and trust such as OV post as OV has we are no longer in the 3rd party interest guaging stage and the situation has spiraled out of control.  

No matter how this turns out I believe the University will be hurt.

Fair points.  But if Hart gets his man, all will be forgotten and Hart will be praised.  No one will remember or care how the Dooley situation was handled, JMHO.  Would you have rather Hart cut Dooley loose already, then?
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 02:02:18 EDT »

So, it's not true and the fan base revolts or it is true he has left Dooley hanging in the wind and you don't think it is an issue?  Strange, very strange

Why would I care that he left Dooley hanging in the wind? A change is inevitable. This is business, not garden party. Dooley put himself in this situation.

I'm not saying that Hart won't or cant fizzle it up but to say that he already has no matter what happens is weird to me. At least let it shake out before we start blaming the AD.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: