VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 07:04:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Source at 8thmaxim who called Gruden to UT months ago  (Read 8406 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2012, 10:52:55 EDT »

Has posted that it's done.

I've just been told that the University of Tennessee has completed its negotiations, and that an agreement has been reached to name Jon Gruden as the next head coach of the University of Tennessee Volunteers.

It's done. And by "done" I mean LOI or MOU is being written, and either has been or will be signed in short order.

I have no idea as to the announcement of Dooley's "resignation" or of Gruden's acceptance, but I am now confident in saying that it is done.

The celebration can safely commence.

P.S. - This has also been confirmed by SpringbokVol on TOOS, so kudos to him for being the first to break the news of its finality.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 10:58:27 EDT »

Yep.  Stogie forwarded to me 8th's original thread claiming Gruden was the target the day of the Akron game.

@8thmaxim is tweeting everyone under the sun that "TN hires Gruden".  He even tweeted it to @BarackObama, which made me LOL.
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 11:03:32 EDT »

Wahoooo! Jon Gruden........come on down!!!
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 11:04:19 EDT »

Yep.  Stogie forwarded to me 8th's original thread claiming Gruden was the target the day of the Akron game.

@8thmaxim is tweeting everyone under the sun that "TN hires Gruden".  He even tweeted it to @BarackObama, which made me LOL.

Right. When I said "months" I should've said "weeks".

But the rumors are remarkably consistent right now. Usually when things explode, there are a lot of different rumors, but this seems to be one consistent rumor coming from several different places. Now, it could be that people are using one (incorrect) source for everything, but we've got 8th Maxim, VN, and OV75 here posting basically the same thing.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 11:13:01 EDT »

Right. When I said "months" I should've said "weeks".

But the rumors are remarkably consistent right now. Usually when things explode, there are a lot of different rumors, but this seems to be one consistent rumor coming from several different places. Now, it could be that people are using one (incorrect) source for everything, but we've got 8th Maxim, VN, and OV75 here posting basically the same thing.

A lot of supposedly trustworthy posters are buying in.  This post is awesome, if true:

The deed is done.

I sincerely hope that word spreads about some of the behind the scenes guys that pulled this off. Some of them you know, and some you don't. But these guys gave their all for Tennessee and deserve to be rewarded.

Also, do not underestimate the involvement of one of our former quarterbacks. Simply unbelievable.

A momumental day all around. GBO!
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 11:21:52 EDT »

A lot of supposedly trustworthy posters are buying in.  This post is awesome, if true:

The deed is done.

I sincerely hope that word spreads about some of the behind the scenes guys that pulled this off. Some of them you know, and some you don't. But these guys gave their all for Tennessee and deserve to be rewarded.

Also, do not underestimate the involvement of one of our former quarterbacks. Simply unbelievable.

That part I bolded jives with what OV75 said about "the people being shown on ESPN" which was Peyton and the Haslams.

I've never seen an Internet rumor quite like this one. I don't know what to think.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 11:23:45 EDT »

Welcome to Tennessee,Coach Gruden!  

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 11:24:47 EDT »

That part I bolded jives with what OV75 said about "the people being shown on ESPN" which was Peyton and the Haslams.

I've never seen an Internet rumor quite like this one. I don't know what to think.

I'm past the point of no return, I'm afraid.  
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 11:27:19 EDT »

I'm past the point of no return, I'm afraid.  

I'm fighting it. I've been burned too many times.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 11:30:52 EDT »

I'm fighting it. I've been burned too many times.

I guess You just have to keep having hope.

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 11:32:33 EDT »

We picked a great time to honor the 97 team.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 11:36:47 EDT »

I expect a good hire, just not Gruden. 

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 11:47:56 EDT »

I will speak of this no more, lest I jinx it. #silentlygiddy
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 11:50:56 EDT »

And for the record, OV's source is not 8th Maxim or VN.

That's what I'm saying. Same rumor, coming from several different places. Usually by now, the rumor diverges and/or someone issues an open denial.

Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 12:03:03 EDT »

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 12:14:17 EDT »

Is this a pretty much done deal for sure??............................................cause i need a reason to get excited about Tennessee football(MAINLY THE COACHING PART) AGAIN.
I mean this guy is credible with good sources?

« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:17:47 EDT by ChattanoogaVol » Logged

Go Big Orange.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 12:17:21 EDT »

Is this a done deal contingent on "x" event or is a done deal period? Regardless, what's the timeline with officially informing the masses? Many thanks. I have zero sources.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 12:20:39 EDT »

Is this a done deal contingent on "x" event or is a done deal period? Regardless, what's the timeline with officially informing the masses? Many thanks. I have zero sources.

Nothing is done as long as the sources are only from boards,

But why the rumors say is that it's done but they don't know the timeline of Dooley being fired.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 01:17:53 EDT »

The deed is done.

I'll bet the QB is Heath Shuler.  He's always had nothing but glowing things to say about Gruden.  He only played for him a short time in Oakland, but he's always said he's the best coach he's ever had.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, 04:17:30 EDT »

Hubbs on VQ has not squashed it. He said it wasn't done today though.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: