VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 07:44:29 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Since I posted a few weeks ago  (Read 3294 times)
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2012, 03:22:46 EST »

about the murder of a young girl in my hometown I wanted to post an update.  There will be a press conference at 10:00 am to announce the indictment of Donnie Frank Jones for the murder of Megan Sharpton.

I hope he is not given a plea deal...I don't know how much more her mother can take.
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 04:52:43 EST »

I hope he is not given a plea deal...I don't know how much more her mother can take.

Sometimes  plea deal is acceptable to the victim's family just so they won't have to re-live the murder over and over every day in court. But, in this case, I hope they use a dull needle.
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 05:39:29 EST »

about the murder of a young girl in my hometown I wanted to post an update.  There will be a press conference at 10:00 am to announce the indictment of Donnie Frank Jones for the murder of Megan Sharpton.

I must not have been here when you posted this, but certainly sounds tragic, I'm very sorry for the poor family. I don't know how old she was, but when things like this happen I can't help but think of it in relation to my own daugher-drives me crazy. This world is a crazy, dangerous place.
 About a month ago, my nephew was just riding his motorcycle on Hwy 72 in Athens, AL and as he passed an SUV he looked over and saw a guy pointing a pistol at him and the guy shot him twice. The guy was mad at his father for sending him to technical school and just decided to kill some people. My nephew wound up with one bullet lodged next to his spine and another that went in his tricep and exited his bicep. He's alive but suffering all because of a maniac.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 06:55:11 EST »

I must not have been here when you posted this, but certainly sounds tragic, I'm very sorry for the poor family. I don't know how old she was, but when things like this happen I can't help but think of it in relation to my own daugher-drives me crazy. This world is a crazy, dangerous place.
 About a month ago, my nephew was just riding his motorcycle on Hwy 72 in Athens, AL and as he passed an SUV he looked over and saw a guy pointing a pistol at him and the guy shot him twice. The guy was mad at his father for sending him to technical school and just decided to kill some people. My nephew wound up with one bullet lodged next to his spine and another that went in his tricep and exited his bicep. He's alive but suffering all because of a maniac.

She was 25, studying to be an RN. She was raped, murdered and set on fire. It is horrible.

I'm glad your nephew survived - how horrifying!! 
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 07:49:03 EST »

So terrible! I truly hope they've caught the animal guilty of committing this horrendous crime. Prayers for the family.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 08:26:15 EST »

Wow!  I hadn't heard of that.  Crazy...and sad.

I did hear about the nutbag in Limestone County that fired a bullet into the back of a truck with an AK-47, killing a 25 year old young man whose only offense was being on a public road at 3:30 AM.  He and his brother had been at a cookout, and on their way home went to the end of a dead end road by mistake, turned around, and were on their way out.  The nimrod living in the trailer at end of said road pulled out his AK and fired a bullet at the truck as it was pulling away.  The bullet penetrated the tailgate, cabin, seat and young man, killing him.  The idjut firing off the round claims he shot into the air   , but has been charged with murder...I don't know what degree.  I didn't know the guy killed, but some good friends of mine did.  It's just totally senseless.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: