VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 08:40:35 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One thing I do like about CBJ  (Read 3786 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2012, 05:28:47 EST »

No nonsense. No "year zero" stuff. He's not backing down and he expects to win  right away.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 05:32:10 EST »

No nonsense. No "year zero" stuff. He's not backing down and he expects to win  right away.

Absolutely.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 05:42:39 EST »

UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 05:58:24 EST »

Love his attitude, just hope he's not too deflated after he's introduced to Oregon, FL, GA, AL, etc
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 06:23:49 EST »

Love his attitude, just hope he's not too deflated after he's introduced to Oregon, FL, GA, AL, etc

I get what you are saying. I will say the guy won me over in the PC and my read is that he's a fired-up kinda coach. I hope that translates over to the team.

Listend to the SportsAnimal today. J Pennington says that the top 3 are rated so high by an agent he talked to that it will be so less than likely Bray, Hunter and Patterson will remain. Too much money for them to turn down. I really like Pennington and I understand and accept. But, when recruits hear the guy I heard today (vs. arrogant saban and the like), I think he can garner some attention. We shall see.

G   
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 12:33:20 EST »

True, but for all Dooley's faults Jones is not walking into the mess that Dooley did. That said I loved his attitude and I know he was lying when he said it was his dream job but IDK, because he wants to win as bad as we do and he said all of the right things and said it with a great winning attitude at least.

He is our coach now and for better or worse I support him. Do your thang coach! 
Mean Old Man
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 12:03:58 EST »

I like the guy as well but I've never really seen a coach lose the press conference.

Jones walked into a hornet's nest so-to-speak and will be critiqued (at least by the fans) more harshly than he probably deserves. However, as pointed out, he is not walking into a dire situation. If the guy can coach at the competitive level we should expect at UT, he has a foundation and every needed resource to get the program turned around.

So, I hope he turns out to be a great coach but if he is not, if it is evident that our program is not making the strides it needs to make in order to be competitive, I hope we do not drag this out longer than needed, like we did with Dooley.

VOLS!
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 12:19:34 EST »

That said I loved his attitude and I know he was lying when he said it was his dream job but IDK.

I'm not so sure he way lying. He mentioned the atmosphere when UC played in Neyland last year. He said if we can just get a recruit to the campus, it will sell itself. I think it must have gone through his mind of what it would be like to coach at UT with all the fans at Neyland.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 04:39:36 EST »

I'm not so sure he way lying. He mentioned the atmosphere when UC played in Neyland last year. He said if we can just get a recruit to the campus, it will sell itself. I think it must have gone through his mind of what it would be like to coach at UT with all the fans at Neyland.

Could be. I am just more than a little jaded after the past several years. Thats on me though and I will give him the benefit of doubt and be behind him, just like I was with kiffin, and Dooley. Kiffin didn't care and that really sank the program, Dooley at least tried and improved the roster somewhat, now it is up to Jones to step it up another level in recruiting and coaching. If he does we will win, if he doesn't we will be back here in 3 years. I just hope he doesn't run off a bunch of players. We don't have enough depth to handle that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: