VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 05:38:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More John Adams voice of doom stuff  (Read 3717 times)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2013, 08:16:42 EST »

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2013/jan/18/john-adams-tough-times-ahead-for-ut-football/?partner=popular     

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 08:23:31 EST »

That wasn't "voice of doom stuff" at all. "Tough Times Ahead" was a play-on-words because physical and mental toughness is such a point of emphasis for Butch Jones and his staff. I thought it was a pretty good article, though of course it is mainly fluff and talk since it's the offseason. Adams was pretty neutral toward Jones if not complimentary.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 08:26:10 EST »

That wasn't "voice of doom stuff" at all. "Tough Times Ahead" was a play-on-words because physical and mental toughness is such a point of emphasis for Butch Jones and his staff. I thought it was a pretty good article, though of course it is mainly fluff and talk since it's the offseason. Adams was pretty neutral toward Jones if not complimentary.

It'll be slim pickings for the next few seasons. I would be happy with 7-5 either in 2013 or 2014

Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 08:28:46 EST »

I think someone was guilty of reading only the headline and not the article. 
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 08:29:55 EST »

I think someone was guilty of reading only the headline and not the article. 

I read the article,I just think most of His writing is "voice of doom" type stuff

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 09:18:22 EST »

I read the article,I just think most of His writing is "voice of doom" type stuff

You read a different article than Me then. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 09:20:43 EST »

You read a different article than Me then. 

I'm sort of jaded against Adams. It goes back to the times when Tennessee was winning and Adams was always critical about something

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: