VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 05:46:28 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dan Skipper (OL, Rivals 3*) has flipped to Arkansas**  (Read 2378 times)
Creek Walker
« on: January 28, 2013, 08:11:44 EST »

nt
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 08:20:10 EST »

Is this the loss of a good one or a Dooley recruit that we "let go"?

Rivals says that he was recruited by Sam Pittman.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 08:30:55 EST »

Is this the loss of a good one or a Dooley recruit that we "let go"?

Rivals says that he was recruited by Sam Pittman.

I'm not sure this is a huge loss. He could end up being a great one but pad level and leverage were always going to be tough for a guy 6'10". I argued the other side of that awhile back but there's always the potential for this to cause a problem.

Then again, his offer list was really good.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 09:23:18 EST »

It was expected.

We stand to have a really big NSD, or a really big bust on NSD. Right now we could get a commitment from these 6 guys, all on NSD

NSD guys:

Bell - Momentum in UT's favor, and several national guys are predicting him to UT now, including Andrew Bone of Bama's rivals team
Lawson - Momentum in UT's favor. Will visit Auburn as of now. That could change.
North - I think he is 50/50, but his parents like UT more
Dobbs - Sounds like we made a great impression on him, and UT is much closer to home than AZ state
Ford - UT's to lose. Auburn visit went good, but I don't get the impression we lost him.
Levenberry - He is coming in on Thursday with his dad for his OV. All signs point to him flipping to UT with a good visit, and we get him last before the dead period.
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 10:23:39 EST »

As Volznut said, it wasn't unexpected. But it's still a blow. Perception is everything right now, at least where the fan base is concerned. Fairly or unfairly, the first thing Butch will be judged on by the fans is whether he can put together a solid recruiting class this year. When you only have a few weeks to do that, every body counts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: