VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 11:32:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This guy is truly a jackass...........  (Read 8836 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2013, 11:01:39 EST »

Marshall Henderson is really a jerk. He should just let his play say it all and STFU.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/21617167/afternoon-delight-weird-saturday-so-far-let-us-count-the-ways-
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 11:09:07 EST »

It blows my mind that one person can be such an #badword#.
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 11:13:19 EST »

Seriously, Henderson is one of those ultra-rare players who would elicit cheers from opposing teams and fans if he went down with a knee injury. But players seem to often take on the attitudes of their coaches, so Henderson's behavior should come as no surprise.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 11:18:48 EST »

How did UF miss out on that guy?  They always used to have at least one douchebag on the roster.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 12:02:34 EST »

very immature. Has been to 4 schools now. My bet is he ends up in jail

Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 12:08:44 EST »

This guy irritates me so much I'll be rooting for Kentucky to beat Ole Miss on Tuesday... I don't think I have ever pulled for Kentucky in a game of basketball.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 12:27:18 EST »

This guy irritates me so much I'll be rooting for Kentucky to beat Ole Miss on Tuesday... I don't think I have ever pulled for Kentucky in a game of basketball.

I can't root for UK- not right now, under these circumstances.  If the season ended today, UK would be NIT bound.  I don't want them to get that first quality win that would give the selection committee an excuse to put them in the big dance.  So I'll reluctantly root for OM.  But if some UK goon were to knock Henderson the fizzle out, I wouldn't object to that either.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 03:10:27 EST »

Wow.  That's serious.
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 03:43:47 EST »

Wow.  That's serious.

Yes. It is. My dislike for him is greater than my dislike for anyone in sports, I think . . . Geno Auriemma and Lane Kiffin not withstanding. I would put him at the top of my list of Top 5 People I Would Love To Smack In The Mouth.

Fantastic player. But he may run his mouth at opposing players and fans more than any other player ever in college sports . . . which is quite a feat.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 03:48:27 EST »

Yes. It is. My dislike for him is greater than my dislike for anyone in sports, I think . . . Geno Auriemma and Lane Kiffin not withstanding. I would put him at the top of my list of Top 5 People I Would Love To Smack In The Mouth.

Fantastic player. But he may run his mouth at opposing players and fans more than any other player ever in college sports . . . which is quite a feat.

Honestly, I haven't even seen him play.  I missed both of our games against OM, and I haven't seen them otherwise.  But I did read his "10 times out of 10" comment after our game last week, and it really made me hope we see them again in the SECT.

RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 04:08:32 EST »

I don't care what any of you say....If you go down below the little clip and read what each person does..and then watch the clip again..I about died.  As far as Henderson goes....somebody is going to put this ass clown in his place sooner than he would probably like!
101stDad
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 04:35:53 EST »

It appears to me that somebody needs to consult with some suspended New Orleans Saints coaches about how to handle Henderson.  If anybody ever deserved it, this punk does. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 11:37:25 EST »

Honestly, I haven't even seen him play.  I missed both of our games against OM, and I haven't seen them otherwise. 

Same here.
RON
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 02:02:38 EST »

Love the kids game but hate his antics. It makes me appreciate Chris Lofton that much more. I look for someone to give Marshall the same treatment Karl Malone gave Isiah Thomas that one time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bM-Y4UoiAY
JimmyV
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 02:54:35 EST »

How did UF miss out on that guy?  They always used to have at least one douchebag on the roster.
Almost as bad as Ron Slay...
Creek Walker
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 03:06:40 EST »

Lol. Ron Slay? Really?

If you want to talk about UT douchebags, you could at least bring up someone who was enough of an ass to fit in the category, like Tony Harris.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 03:43:26 EST »

Lol. Ron Slay? Really?

If you want to talk about UT douchebags, you could at least bring up someone who was enough of an ass to fit in the category, like Tony Harris.

I really don't understand the hatred of Slay.  He was loud, he was demonstrative, he talked some good-natured (and funny) trash, but he kept it on the court.  He was also constantly named by his peers as one of the most respected players in the SEC.  Basically, he was a college version of Charles Barkley. In the end, I think all the hate stemmed from the headband.  Nobody thinks twice about them now, but he was rocking the headband before headbands were cool.  Couple that with his boisterous personality, and it made him a natural target for opposing fans. 

Did he ever get in front of an opposing student section and yell "fizzle you redneck MickeyFickeys" at the top of his lungs?  Because Matt Walsh did.  I was there, six rows up.   

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 03:58:38 EST »

slay didn't perform the tooth extraction on the floor ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 05:00:52 EST »

A Gator pointing out douchebag players.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 06:08:42 EST »

A Gator pointing out douchebag players.

Up until a couple years ago, they had an uninterrupted streak of douchebags: Jason Williams, Teddy Dupay, Matt Walsh, Kimmy Noah, and that ugly white guy whose name I can't remember that took a cheap shot at Tyler Smith.  From what I can tell, they don't currently have anyone on their roster who makes me hate them like those guys did.  That's too bad.   I think they play OM this week, I'll be pulling for them not just to win, but to set a few hard, cheap picks on Henderson.

Quasi EVol
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 08:30:57 EST »

Noah way! 

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 04:24:13 EST »

Lol. Ron Slay? Really?

Dyron Nix anyone?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 04:39:12 EST »

And Chris Lofton was just lucky.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: