VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 05:33:11 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ESPN has no love for Tennessee's mens basketball team  (Read 2857 times)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2013, 06:11:40 EDT »

ESPN has no love for Tennessee's mens basketball team. The latest bracketology has Tennessee in the last four out. CBS Sports is showing love for Tennessee,their bracketology still has Tennessee as a #12 seed playing Iowa State in Dayton. I don't think ESPN likes UT in any sport.

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 06:28:11 EDT »

ESPN has no love for Tennessee's mens basketball team. The latest bracketology has Tennessee in the last four out. CBS Sports is showing love for Tennessee,their bracketology still has Tennessee as a #12 seed playing Iowa State in Dayton. I don't think ESPN likes UT in any sport.

It's not ESPN. It's just Lunardi. And I don't blame any bracket guru for not including UT . . . we are right on the edge.

FWIW, here is a collection of predictions: http://www.bracketmatrix.com/ . UT is the last team in based on the composite seeding, and is included in 63 of 87 brackets.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 06:35:31 EDT »

It's not ESPN. It's just Lunardi. And I don't blame any bracket guru for not including UT . . . we are right on the edge.

FWIW, here is a collection of predictions: http://www.bracketmatrix.com/ . UT is the last team in based on the composite seeding, and is included in 63 of 87 brackets.

Cool link,thanks

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
101stDad
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 07:35:32 EDT »

Well, if CBS has us as a 12 seed then we are on the bubble with them.  It's not like one has us solid, and the other has us as a bubble team.  Every projection I have see has us somewhere on the bubble, which is exactly where UT is right now.  We aren't in yet.  We've got to win one game to say on the bubble, and two to be solidly in.  One might get us in, if there aren't a ton of upsets in conference tourneys, but we really need two. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 02:48:30 EDT »

Interesting to see the SEC seedings.  UF ~ 3, Missouri an 8, and UT and UK basically tied at 12 with Ole Miss in the first four out.   I am mildly surprised to not see bammer even in the "others" category.  They did have a better SEC record than us.  I guess it's true what one of their fans told me, that their "bad lossess" are truly bad.

I am almost a little surprised that Missouri is so high, but these are mostly amateurs and they probably haven't adjusted to Missouri's late season stumbles.  The committee might see it differently.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 02:54:50 EDT »

Yes their losses were bad:  Dayton, Mercer, Tulane, Auburn all would be considered bad losses.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: