VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 12:45:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, I got a new phone yesterday...  (Read 2507 times)
VOLveeta
« on: June 06, 2013, 10:00:35 EDT »

I'm coming from a Samsung Charge, officially THE biggest P.O.S. ever manufactured under the "Droid" label.  I HATED this device.  And I'm not a big "smartphone" guy.  It's a convenience but not the end of the world as far as I'm concerned.  I just want it to freaking work.

Well, I got the Nokia Lumia 928 from Verizon and holy crap, I think I'm in love.  Like I said, I'm not a gadget dude, but this thing is gorgeous, fast and so easy to use.  I LOVE the Windows system and the ease of learning.  So far, I give it a rave.  I'll post more later.

yer pal,
VOLveeta
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 03:06:30 EDT »

I guess I am just a conformist.  I got an IPhone 5 last week to replace my 4S.  It is noticeably faster accessing the Web. Since I limit texting because I do not have that additional cost for the plan, I have a good phone that holds most of my music (I can Bluetooth stream in my cars), photos I like, and has great reception, I an happy with it. I do not watch movies or TV on it (why would I? or would anybody?).  I do not have to cruise the Web when away from home. A Smartphone may be more than I really need, but that is really all you can buy that is not junk.

The Android-based and Windows-based phones all look great. If I had to replace and pick something not IOS-based, it would likely be a Windows-based platform.  Google is the next evil empire to replace Apple.  Microsoft is already the Devil.
UT Mom
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 03:55:15 EDT »

And I'm still very happy with my  flip phone that receives and sends only old fashion telephone calls.   

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 04:14:02 EDT »

I guess I am just a conformist.  I got an IPhone 5 last week to replace my 4S.  It is noticeably faster accessing the Web. Since I limit texting because I do not have that additional cost for the plan, I have a good phone that holds most of my music (I can Bluetooth stream in my cars), photos I like, and has great reception, I an happy with it. I do not watch movies or TV on it (why would I? or would anybody?).  I do not have to cruise the Web when away from home. A Smartphone may be more than I really need, but that is really all you can buy that is not junk.

The Android-based and Windows-based phones all look great. If I had to replace and pick something not IOS-based, it would likely be a Windows-based platform.  Google is the next evil empire to replace Apple.  Microsoft is already the Devil.

iphone is better because it's not as fragmented as the Droid platform. Just MHO. I do think the windows phone will eat into their market share though, it's a pretty good phone.

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 08:04:41 EDT »

Another reason I keep getting iPhone is every time about 9 months before contract is up, I can trade up to the new model and I get more in trade-in than I paid for the original. So I upgrade for free. Keep the same contract (unlimited access) for family plan.  My wife keeps her flip phone (she cannot figure out how to turn mine on).
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 06:47:57 EDT »

And I'm still very happy with my  flip phone that receives and sends only old fashion telephone calls.   

I'm with you, Mom.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: