VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 10:23:53 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy crap- Hernandez under investigation for two MORE murders...  (Read 4974 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2013, 12:58:54 EDT »

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/06/27/former-patriots-player-aaron-hernandez-probed-two-more-murders-law-enforcement-officials-say/6PSjR68RBpguwcxmlXe2oM/story.html

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 03:10:11 EDT »

NFL's first serial killer? I read they may think the murder he is charged with may have been because the victim had intel on these other killings...
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 07:13:00 EDT »

Sounds like a serious criminal to me. Wait he was a Gator wasn't he?

http://www.yardbarker.com/all_sports/articles/aaron_hernandez_may_be_a_serial_killer_who_moonlighted_as_a_new_england_patriot/13929664

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 03:13:06 EDT »

While I don't see this as a reflection on UF (yet), I think it's a major indictment of that corch up in Columbus.

Was Meyer a bad influence on his players?  Of course not.  From the outside looking in, I see him as no influence, for better or worse.  None at all.  And that's where he failed a lot of kids.  His players arrived in Gainesville predisposed to certain behaviors, from Hernandez at the bottom of the spectrum (at least I HOPE he was the bottom) to Tebow up top.  And for the most part, Meyer let them be who they were going to be.  And it's becoming more and more evident that he swept a lot under the rug and covered for his more talented players when they got in trouble.  He was, and probably still is, a classic enabler.  Let's put aside the question of whether someone with Hernandez's background belonged at UF in the first place, given Meyer's oh-so-strict .01% standard (snicker).  If he had received more discipline at UF, would he be in the trouble he is today?  There's no way of knowing.  But we DO know that Meyer's approach (such as it was) sure as hell didn't work.  And Hernandez isn't the only one.  Lest we forget Chris Rainey, who was arrested in Gainesville for threatening to kill his girlfriend.  He missed a few games, but was reinstated after consecutive losses to bama and LSU.  Way to send a strong message, Corch.  And surprise surprise, Rainey just got in trouble again this year for domestic violence, directly leading to his release by the Steelers.  It's become abundantly clear that Meyer was running one of the most lawless programs that CFB has ever seen- and that's just based on what we know.  There's no telling what all was swept under the rug that may never see the light of day.  He absolutely belongs in the same breath as guys like Switzer, Johnson, and Erikson.  In fact, he's probably worse than any of them.  

The real crime is that while Meyer was failing these kids in life, he was building one hell of a coaching resume on the backs of their on-field efforts.  A resume that he parlayed into a $5M+ job at OSU.  Seriously, has this guy no shame?

As I said, as of now, I don't see this as a reflection on UF.  However, that could change.  If it's proven that Jeremy Foley and/or other UF brass had direct knowledge of these players' behavior and allowed Meyer to cover for them anyway, then they are just as culpable he is.  Given all the conflicting information that's come out of Gainesville regarding Hernandez's background and his number of failed drug tests, this is a distinct possibility.  But until proven otherwise, UF gets the benefit of the doubt from me.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 03:24:26 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 09:44:20 EDT »

I heard on the radio that the p.o.s was a gang member of the Bloods in H.S and while at UF and the NFL knew about it and that was why he wasn't drafted as high but they still allowed him in..SMH  
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 09:49:19 EDT by crockettman » Logged
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 09:51:42 EDT »

http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/27/aaron-hernandez-throwing-gang-signs/
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 10:24:36 EDT »

Didn't Urban lie in the process of recruiting Tebow, too?  Obviously that's not the only lie ever told by a coach and Hernandez isn't the only thug but that in addition to Urbans "1%" comment is the thing.  Which is what BDV often refers to, if I'm not mistaken.  Dude is a snake of the highest order.  (Urban, not BDV)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 01:42:41 EDT »

Didn't Urban lie in the process of recruiting Tebow, too?  Obviously that's not the only lie ever told by a coach and Hernandez isn't the only thug but that in addition to Urbans "1%" comment is the thing.  Which is what BDV often refers to, if I'm not mistaken.  Dude is a snake of the highest order.  (Urban, not BDV)

I think Matt Elam's recruitment sums up corch herban in a nutshell.  If you'll recall, Elam had been committed to UF for over a year, but decomitted and pledged to FSU after herban retired the first time (for two days).  Herban came back, but Elam was understandably nervous that his corch wouldn't be there for his full 3-4 years, and remained with FSU.  Then this happened:

"I talked to Urban last night," Elam told Rivals.com about his Monday night conversation. "We were talking about our relationship basically and he told me to have trust, to have trust in him and he asked me a word that really touched me. He said, 'Do you know what faith means?' and he told me the definition. It really touched me a lot. It really touched me so my decision might change."

Of course, Elam went back to UF, and Herban was out the door less than a year later.  Hey herban, do YOU know what faith means?  Because I don't think you do.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-01-06/sports/os-recruiting-matt-elam-changing-again-0106_1_matt-elam-army-all-american-bowl-talk

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 05:45:50 EDT »

I think Matt Elam's recruitment sums up corch herban in a nutshell.  If you'll recall, Elam had been committed to UF for over a year, but decomitted and pledged to FSU after herban retired the first time (for two days).  Herban came back, but Elam was understandably nervous that his corch wouldn't be there for his full 3-4 years, and remained with FSU.  Then this happened:

"I talked to Urban last night," Elam told Rivals.com about his Monday night conversation. "We were talking about our relationship basically and he told me to have trust, to have trust in him and he asked me a word that really touched me. He said, 'Do you know what faith means?' and he told me the definition. It really touched me a lot. It really touched me so my decision might change."

Of course, Elam went back to UF, and Herban was out the door less than a year later.  Hey herban, do YOU know what faith means?  Because I don't think you do.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-01-06/sports/os-recruiting-matt-elam-changing-again-0106_1_matt-elam-army-all-american-bowl-talk

Faith = belief in something without scientific evidence or proof to back it up, and sometimes belief in something when evidence points the other way. So no.. neither one of them knows what faith means.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 06:47:04 EDT »

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/a/SB10001424127887323297504578579841842413024?mg=reno64-wsj
Can you guess how many games herban suspended Hernandez for this?  Hint: it's a number between -1 and 1.

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 09:55:13 EDT »

Which really puts him in the elite category---far fewer than 1% of the 1% are multiple murderers.  This will be a real resume highlight for Urban.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 12:41:36 EDT »

Isn't it interesting that urbs is refusing comment on the AH situation?  Because he never had a problem with referring to OTHER teams' players as "animals running loose in the street" when they acted up.  And while he was away at ESPN collecting that fat paycheck for a year, he was constantly whining about the "culture" of CFB.  You know, the very culture he helped create.  And yet here is an alleged serial killer whom he helped skate through the system time and time again, and NOW he's got nothing to say.  No problem, urbs, your silence speaks volumes about you.

Recruits, are you paying attention?

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 01:58:10 EDT »

Wow..

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/urban-meyer-alleged-florida-gators-recruiting-violation-brian-white-070213?m_n=true
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: