VTTW Board Index
May 01, 2024, 10:39:44 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas AD stepping down...who will be the next TX coach?  (Read 2805 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2013, 09:45:34 EDT »

Mack Brown's days are numbered.

Satan? Mooschump? Does Gruden have property in Austin?

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 09:52:40 EDT »

Good riddance to Dodds. That arrogant SOB was bad for college football.

Texas is one of only a couple of programs that could, in theory, pay enough to pry Saban from Alabama. But i bet they don't go that route.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 02:37:42 EDT »

Would they want muschamp? He ain't exactly lighting it up in Fl.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 02:55:21 EDT »

Would they want muschamp? He ain't exactly lighting it up in Fl.

Probably not any more but as I posted elsewhere if he lucks his way again this season to10 or 11 wins they might fall for him.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 02:58:17 EDT »

Intreresting thought...its unlikely that bammer has to vacate but if they do or even if other stuff starts coming out will saban run?  Of course even if it goes that way he's more likely to follow carroll into the nfl given that sanctions now follow the coach in the ncaa.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 04:13:09 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 08:47:02 EDT »

I would love to see Texas successfully pursue Saban. The meltdown from the Alabama fan base would be epic. I agree with what's already been stated - if any other school can pry Saban away from Alabama, Texas is that school...but they probably aren't going to go that route.

I also think that Texas would be a perfect fit for Jon Gruden if he truly is interested in getting back into the college game.

No way does Texas pursue Muschamp, IMO. His stock is falling day by day. At this point I'm not sure he's as good a head coach as Ron Zook was.
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 03:12:48 EDT »

A lopsided loss to Ole Miss certainly doesn't help Mack Brown's cause. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 04:14:07 EDT »

No way does Texas pursue Muschamp, IMO. His stock is falling day by day. At this point I'm not sure he's as good a head coach as Ron Zook was.

Its early in the season.  He somehow won 11 last year.  I would see how it plays out.  He seems to have Les Miles type luck.

Don't think he's going to Texas either way though, but you never know.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: