VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 09:20:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S.C opens as a 7.5 point favorite..  (Read 3057 times)
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2013, 06:09:24 EDT »

I think we will beat the snot out of them..IMO they have struggled all year in the 4th qtr and finally blew their wad against Arky..I don't think they can do it again this week.The Vols will be ready for them...Go Vols!!!
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 06:12:20 EDT »

I think they're easily the best team in the East and they win by 2 scores. But I'll be thrilled to be wrong. 
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 06:30:27 EDT »

I will be watching with no expectations. I hope the uga games means we are getting better and it very well probably does. Still don't think that will be enough.
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 07:05:44 EDT »

thought, and even less so after the injuries suffered against us, and that S.C. appears to be finally hitting stride. Shaw's ability to run and throw does not bode well for our defense which has shown a tendency to be caught out of position and our offense, well it's not exactly a juggernaut. I think it will be along the lines of Cocks 34  Vols 13....and as Walker said, I'd love to be wrong. 
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 08:05:51 EDT »

I think the biggest thing for UT will be having last week off..They have had 2 weeks to prepare for S.C and to get healthy and for that Ga loss to eat at them, while S.C has had to travel to Arky and now UT..I may be wrong but I think this will be Coach Jones first signature win at
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 08:50:22 EDT »

I think the biggest thing for UT will be having last week off..They have had 2 weeks to prepare for S.C and to get healthy and for that Ga loss to eat at them, while S.C has had to travel to Arky and now UT..I may be wrong but I think this will be Coach Jones first signature win at

After Ga I thought "with 2 weeks to rest, heal and scheme for S.C. coupled with S.C. underachieving, up to that point, we can beat S.C." but as I said, after last week I'm not so confident....I surely hope so. 
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 02:37:46 EDT »

After Ga I thought "with 2 weeks to rest, heal and scheme for S.C. coupled with S.C. underachieving, up to that point, we can beat S.C." but as I said, after last week I'm not so confident....I surely hope so. 
Thats the key..S.C did look good against Arky last week but is the only game they have looked decent all year..They let UCF,Vandy and Ky score atleast 25 points on them and barely hung on in the 4th qtr to win those games..I like our chances at home...Go Vols!!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 02:46:08 EDT »

I think a lot depends on the team's mental state.  We're all assuming that they turned a corner against UGA- but it may have been just the opposite.  It's possible they're now thinking "well, we still can't win the big games" and go into a shell, as Dooley's teams tended to do.  It's really on the coaches to build on their last showing.  IMO, this game will be the best indicator yet whether or not CBJ is the coach we all hope he is.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 01:08:26 EDT »

I think you are right except the part about Butch. If they play hard again then yes it will mean he is motivating the guys, if they fall flat again it isn't all on him because this team has been that way for so long. I hope they play hard and get a little better execution wise. Just seeing that guys are still buying in and trying is about the most we can hope for in these games. We are outgunned at most positions, so unless the other team makes mistakes we will be hard pressed to steal a game.

That said if they can build on the uga performance and keep trying and making just a few more plays I will be as content as I can be without winning. Butch has not only has little talent to work with but dools left him a basket case for a team from a mental standpoint. He is having to teach and reinforce a winning attitude in upperclassmen that should already be present in any team like UT. As Butch says it is a "mindset" and this group did not have it due to the last 4 years. 

I think a lot depends on the team's mental state.  We're all assuming that they turned a corner against UGA- but it may have been just the opposite.  It's possible they're now thinking "well, we still can't win the big games" and go into a shell, as Dooley's teams tended to do.  It's really on the coaches to build on their last showing.  IMO, this game will be the best indicator yet whether or not CBJ is the coach we all hope he is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: