VTTW Board Index
May 01, 2024, 12:13:35 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: Who wants Pearl back?....  (Read 17994 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2013, 05:43:05 EST »

So it's overwhelming.....admin doesn't support it?  Then maybe THEY should go.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2013, 06:07:47 EST »

Funny how some have changed their minds on this. I don't really care but he was treated unfairly by the admin and the ncaa, in light of recent rulings.

Part of me wants to hire him back just to flip off the ncaa and slive. Hart hired into a difficult job.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2013, 11:36:22 EST »

Yes for me.

Go Big Orange.
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2014, 04:57:59 EST »

So....has anyone changed their minds yet?  If we dont hire Pearl, I bet blunderbilt will.  Stallings is a complete and total maroon.  He constantly runs off players with his ass-hat personality and now (combined with injuries) he is down to 7 scholly players on the team.  I would rather have Pearl than cuanzo and sure as hell dont want to see Pearl at blundy.  (Note to Herb...I stole your "ass-hat" insult, just too funny not to use on a regular basis!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 05:01:48 EST by Hollerboy » Logged

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2014, 07:38:09 EST »

The real question is, has anything changed within the administration that makes anyone think Pearl is remotely possible?  Several regs here who claim to know have said "not a chance" in the past... is there still basically no chance?
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2014, 07:41:43 EST »

Yes, take him back, he puts fans in the stands, money in the bank, and pride in the program. He should be given a second chance.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2014, 07:45:40 EST »

I still have not changed my mind. It is still no.  He lied to NCAA and they will never forgive him or forget. If we have one little slip up, they will penalize us.  We do not have an administration that has the backbone to stand up to the NCAA. As much as I liked the job Bruce did, he lit the fire that burned the bridges that would have allowed his return.

Stop living in the past and look for a new beginning with someone who can actually coach and is not in over their head. It is not going to be Bruce.
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2014, 09:07:34 EST »

I still have not changed my mind. It is still no.  He lied to NCAA and they will never forgive him or forget. If we have one little slip up, they will penalize us.  We do not have an administration that has the backbone to stand up to the NCAA. As much as I liked the job Bruce did, he lit the fire that burned the bridges that would have allowed his return.

Stop living in the past and look for a new beginning with someone who can actually coach and is not in over their head. It is not going to be Bruce.
I think Bruce deserves a new beginning, can actually coach, and is not in over his head.  I think he was the best BB coach we ever had. Just my opinion but I think that if he is good enough for the 50 other schools that will be lined up to hire him, he is good enough for us. Regarging the administration, I thought they worked for us....meaning, enough fan outcry and they should listen.  Again, just my opinion. 

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2014, 09:12:38 EST »

I think Bruce deserves a new beginning, can actually coach, and is not in over his head.  I think he was the best BB coach we ever had. Just my opinion but I think that if he is good enough for the 50 other schools that will be lined up to hire him, he is good enough for us. Regarging the administration, I thought they worked for us....meaning, enough fan outcry and they should listen.  Again, just my opinion. 

^Agree......He'll be coaching somewhere in a few months and we'll be watching that schools fans going crazy while we'll be watching CCM and his miss-fits losing to teams at home like A&M ranked 146 in the RPI.
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2014, 09:54:08 EST »

I still have not changed my mind. It is still no.  He lied to NCAA and they will never forgive him or forget. If we have one little slip up, they will penalize us.  We do not have an administration that has the backbone to stand up to the NCAA. As much as I liked the job Bruce did, he lit the fire that burned the bridges that would have allowed his return.

While Pearl was not entirely truthful when first asked about the "grainy" picture there were also some "behind the scenes" throwing under the bus things happening as well.  Hamilton and his team of lawyers pushed Bruce under the bus when it came to the NCAA.  I happen to know several lawyers here in town that have given money to UT in large denominations and many of them said that the "legal beagles" that UT employed were less than kind in preparing Pearl and company to talk with the NCAA justice division. 

Secondly the NCAA penalized Pearl with a three year show cause and then here is Frank Haith that was paying off bosters....LIED TO THE NCAA about it and he got a FIVE GAME SUSPENSION out of that little deal.  The NCAA said in their findings that HAITH LIED TO THE INVESTIGATORS.  Frankly Haith's transgression in a lie was ten times the severity of what the Pearl situation was.  Bruce would not be in over his head at UT and that's the fact jack!!!

Petrino is now the coach at UofL and he was the worst offewnder in the "I can't wait to interview for my next head coaching job screw you" club in the world but UofL forgave and hired Petrino.  Time for us to hire back a coach that had the cahoonies ot get off the bench and scream at the officials when they are giving UT the screw job in calling the game.  The refs on Saturday night were channeling some of the worst college refs I have ever seen....and I was at the game and it was not just a few but almost the entire arena yelling about the officiating.  Time for UT to step up and bring back the coach that actually sold more popcorn than Martin and Buzz ever did!!!

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2014, 10:15:43 EST »

I never implied or said Bruce would be in over his head; that was directed at our current coach.

Hollerboy, the UT administration works for the State Government, not the people or fans. No matter what the outcry from fans, unless the Board lead by our Governor chooses to fire them, the people are out of luck.  The two top administrators do not care what the people of Tennessee think.  They will never admit they made a mistake or go back on a decision because in their minds it would show weakness.

And frankly, I do not care what other people or other schools who do not have the moral backbone to put principle before winning at all costs do. 

Petrino is just a moral and unprincipled scum bag that has not been punished by the NCAA. Trying to use that as justification to rehire Pearl ,  well, these are not the same.  Frankly, the NCAA does not like Pearl because he ratted out a coaching legend and made him look bad.  They will be after Pearl for any and everything.

Stop tilting at windmills and start looking for a new coach.  It will not be Bruce unless Hart has more pull than he has shown.

The answer is still no.
Creek Walker
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2014, 10:28:46 EST »

Stop tilting at windmills and start looking for a new coach.  It will not be Bruce unless Hart has more pull than he has shown.

It is no more the fans' responsibility to look for a new coach than it is their responsibility to fire UT administrators. Fans are going to speculate. It's our nature. And there's nothing wrong with that.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2014, 11:04:17 EST »

I never implied or said Bruce would be in over his head; that was directed at our current coach.

Hollerboy, the UT administration works for the State Government, not the people or fans. No matter what the outcry from fans, unless the Board lead by our Governor chooses to fire them, the people are out of luck.  The two top administrators do not care what the people of Tennessee think.  They will never admit they made a mistake or go back on a decision because in their minds it would show weakness.

And frankly, I do not care what other people or other schools who do not have the moral backbone to put principle before winning at all costs do. 

Petrino is just a moral and unprincipled scum bag that has not been punished by the NCAA. Trying to use that as justification to rehire Pearl ,  well, these are not the same.  Frankly, the NCAA does not like Pearl because he ratted out a coaching legend and made him look bad.  They will be after Pearl for any and everything.

The answer is still no.
whatever dude  Chill out
I never once thought Gruden was coming but that didn't cause me to slam those that tilted at that particular windmill

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2014, 01:51:31 EST »

Hollerboy, the UT administration works for the State Government, not the people or fans.

Ummmm, the people are exactly who the "government" should be working for, and hence who the UT administration should be also.  Yes, I understand reality, but until "we the people" start directing our elected officials, nothing will change.  And, without the people/fans, there is no sports program needing coaches.  End of rant.   
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2014, 03:25:28 EST »

Ummmm, the people are exactly who the "government" should be working for, and hence who the UT administration should be also.  Yes, I understand reality, but until "we the people" start directing our elected officials, nothing will change.  And, without the people/fans, there is no sports program needing coaches.  End of rant.   
Nice rant!

Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2014, 04:41:54 EST »

Just checking back in on the poll...Here on Nashvegas radio, I hear about 95% in favor of bring Pearl back.  I think we should fire Jimmy Cheek....he seems to be a bumbling itiot...JMO. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2014, 06:27:29 EST »

A stuffed animal sitting in the head coaches chair would be an improvement over what we have now.   

If that's true, then let's bring back Buzz...or better yet, Wade Houston.   

In spite of your polemic, we have had worse.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2014, 09:15:21 EST »

Clay Travis on UT's Basketball Hires for the past twenty five years

Put it this way: Do you trust Tennessee's administration to hire a better coach than Bruce Pearl? Tennessee's coaching hire list over the past 25 years is like a bad snuff film -- Wade Houston, Kevin O'Neill, Jerry Green, Buzz Peterson and now Cuonzo Martin. (Insert next failure here). Or hire one of the best coaches in college basketball who already lives in your town and is coming off six straight NCAA tourney trips. It's an absolute no-brainer.

Clay finally writes something I totally agree with: 

Tennessee's coaching hire list over the past 25 years is like a bad snuff film -- Wade Houston, Kevin O'Neill, Jerry Green, Buzz Peterson and now Cuonzo Martin. (Insert next failure here).

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2014, 05:52:36 EST »

Me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CrossVol
Starter

Peyton in 2012!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2014, 04:05:07 EST »

Im hearing that the administration will not consider him but if there is overwhelming support from us bill-payers then maybe they will have a change of heart. I got no faith in the guy we have now.

YES!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 04:07:01 EST by CrossVol » Logged

Wherever you go, there you are.
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2014, 09:00:46 EST »

It sickens me to read about Bruce lied. SICKENS ME!!! I'm sick and friggin tired of Tennessee fans so full of sanctimonious crap. The man made a mistake and God knows nobody else has riiiiight? I've screwed up at times in my life and am thankful that I've been given second chances. Bruce deserves a second chance.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 06:13:10 EST by Screaming Eagle Dad » Logged
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2014, 05:52:20 EST »

It sickens me to read about Bruce lied. SICKENS ME!!! I'm sick and friggin tired of Tennessee fans so full of sanctimonious crap. The man man a mistake and God knows nobody else has riiiiight? I've screwed up at times in my life and am thankful that I've been given second chances. Bruce deserves a second chance.

Yep...he'll get a second chance, most likely at one of our rivals. That'll sting!!

If not us I hope Boston College hires him...they'll most likely be looking for a coach next season and that's the part of the country Bruce is from.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: