VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 11:08:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Karma is a real beotch for Saban after the Lame hire......  (Read 4813 times)
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2014, 12:43:26 EST »

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/alabama-loses-top-quarterbacking-recruit-ricky-town-picks-192001218--ncaaf.html
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 01:46:24 EST »

Definitely a loss as he's about as good as a sure thing as you can get at QB, but the news today of Coker at least helps mitigate it. He's only had backup duty at the college level, but brings the dimension of running with the ball with a 6-5 235 frame, while also having an arm much stronger than AJ. He'll help amd has two years of eligibility remaining.

BG
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 04:22:21 EST »

IMO it just affirms that even a h.s kid from Cali can see what a turd Kiffin is and was headed to Bama till he found out that said turd would be calling the shots there and changed his mind and stayed in state at the school that just gave him the boot is poetic justice...Kiffin is a cancer that will bring down the big elephant from the inside out and Saban,Bama and all Bama fans deserve a taste of it..
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 02:04:49 EST »

Definitely a loss as he's about as good as a sure thing as you can get at QB, but the news today of Coker at least helps mitigate it. He's only had backup duty at the college level, but brings the dimension of running with the ball with a 6-5 235 frame, while also having an arm much stronger than AJ. He'll help amd has two years of eligibility remaining.

BG

He is ok. Big dropoff from McCarron. Town is the real deal, glad he is not going to Bama

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 08:19:19 EST »

He is ok. Big dropoff from McCarron. Town is the real deal, glad he is not going to Bama

Well, I certainly think there will be a big drop at QB, as AJ TD to interception ratio was really good, especially his JR. year when he threw over 30 TD's with 3 picks all year. (and yes, I know Bandit hates him) Hard to duplicate that. But there is no question Coker has talent, and according to Winston and the FSU coaches the stronger arm between the two. His lack of experience will be a major hurdle, and with no spring practice he'll have to learn on the fly in 7 on 7's and August drills. Not much time to learn to be a successful QB in this league, but hopefully he'll come around.

BG
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 08:59:53 EST »

Doesn't he have to sit out a year after transferring?
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 10:54:18 EST »

Doesn't he have to sit out a year after transferring?

You would think so Phil, but the rule now in place says if a player has graduated they can play immediately. He's scheduled to finish at FSU in May, and will do so in three years. He has two years of eligibility remaining. He's from Mobile, and grew up a big Tide fan so he's very excited. Strong arm yes, but as you know there have been plenty of guys he could zip it but some try to thread the needle too often and end up with far too many picks. Also, I don't know how accurate that arm is, but FSU fans and writers think a lot of his potential. We'll see.

BG
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 11:02:42 EST by BGHarper » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 06:13:54 EST »

Well, I certainly think there will be a big drop at QB, as AJ TD to interception ratio was really good, especially his JR. year when he threw over 30 TD's with 3 picks all year. (and yes, I know Bandit hates him) Hard to duplicate that. But there is no question Coker has talent, and according to Winston and the FSU coaches the stronger arm between the two. His lack of experience will be a major hurdle, and with no spring practice he'll have to learn on the fly in 7 on 7's and August drills. Not much time to learn to be a successful QB in this league, but hopefully he'll come around.

BG

AJ was a very good college QB, but I also think he benefited greatly from all the talent around him on both sides of the ball.

But yeah, I don't care for him.  His attitude about the "red team" comments and the way his momma goes after media who DARE criticize her little baby just remind me of the mentality of a lot of bammer fans that I am surrounded by on a daily basis.  I don't put you in that category BTW.   

At least his momma didn't get drunk and go after a college student though.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: