VTTW Board Index
May 23, 2024, 05:24:33 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 99 most desirable women of 2014  (Read 7118 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2014, 09:11:18 EST »

#1 shouldn't come as a surprise (and well-deserved), but I think #2 is my current celebrity crush.

http://www.askmen.com/specials/top_99_women/

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 09:51:28 EST »

I didn't see many ugly ones. ;-) Emma Stone is a hottie, and should be higher! Scarlett Johansen was pretty dang low. Personally, Sandra Bullock has always been an underrated beauty among others
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 10:02:35 EST »

I only know who 5 of the top 10 are.  

Edit: I don't know anywhere near half of those women.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 10:10:09 EST by TheRealOrange » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 10:23:10 EST »

Me either TRO. lol
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 10:25:43 EST »

Me either. And by a lot on that list I question if men today know what desirable women really is.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 12:22:31 EST »

I have to laugh at this joke of a list.

Desirable to whom? Is this a poll? Did they poll white men only? Miley Cyrus at #99?   I appreciate that they "tried" to give a little bit of a look of diversity but it looks like white and hispanic women make up about 90%. Yeah ok, only those women are desirable. 40% Asians in the world, 2 or 3 desirable...LOL. The message - light skinned women are desirable, and although a larger percentage of women of the world are darker, they're not.  Then people wonder when there's separate lists that feature only African American women or other minorities.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 02:04:47 EST »

Desirable to whom? Is this a poll? Did they poll white men only? Miley Cyrus at #99?   I appreciate that they "tried" to give a little bit of a look of diversity but it looks like white and hispanic women make up about 90%. Yeah ok, only those women are desirable. 40% Asians in the world, 2 or 3 desirable...LOL. The message - light skinned women are desirable, and although a larger percentage of women of the world are darker, they're not.  Then people wonder when there's separate lists that feature only African American women or other minorities.

Yes, it's voted on by readers of that site.  My guess is that if there is a askmen.com/india or askmen.com/china, their results will look very different.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 01:47:01 EST »

Yes, it's voted on by readers of that site.  My guess is that if there is a askmen.com/india or askmen.com/china, their results will look very different.

Oh I am sure if they stayed just US, but if you look they went international with their picks. International, but missed a lot of people who are far more deserving. I guess it's a reflection of who their readers are. I have seen these types of polls in Asia too, and it's the same problem - light skin good, darker skin bad 

« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 01:50:19 EST by Volznut » Logged
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 03:20:06 EST »

Sarah Silverman on this list is a crime against humanity.
CornFromAJar
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 04:12:57 EST »

Sarah Silverman on this list is a crime against humanity.

What he said.
VOLveeta
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 08:07:32 EST »

Oh... Oona Chaplin makes me feel funny and stuff.  :-)
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 08:17:26 EST »

Oh I am sure if they stayed just US, but if you look they went international with their picks. International, but missed a lot of people who are far more deserving. I guess it's a reflection of who their readers are. I have seen these types of polls in Asia too, and it's the same problem - light skin good, darker skin bad 

But, Nut - we ARE in the United States where "white men" still make up a large segment of the male population.  Or are white men's opinions not valid in this day and time in America? 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
VOLveeta
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 08:32:00 EST »

Oh... where is Nasim Pedrad.  She's funny and gorgeous. 
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 08:47:12 EST »

But, Nut - we ARE in the United States where "white men" still make up a large segment of the male population.  Or are white men's opinions not valid in this day and time in America? 

White males make up roughly 35% of the US population, and if you take children out, it's closer to 17%.

I don't think you got what I was saying though. The issue I am speaking of isn't about white men's opinions....it's more about a world view of what beauty is, and that is lighter skin. It's really a mindset of society, even societies that are not white. The women in the poll aren't just Americans.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 07:18:58 EST »

White males make up roughly 35% of the US population, and if you take children out, it's closer to 17%.

Are you saying women voted?   I mean, in this day and age, maybe some did, but a better stat would be 70% of ADULT MALES.

Odd that you would also bring children into it.   They hopefully don't desire these women.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2014, 07:24:43 EST »

Well I knew 8 of the top 10...well one I had only heard of, and I think over 50% of the rest, by far.   But then again, I'm single.

There is a difference also, to me at least, between "desirable" and beautiful or attractive or whatever.  I did not agree with all the names on the list, and definitely not with the order, but I doubt anyone did.  The only one I would throw off is Miley Cyrus...at least the short haired version.

I see that Selena Gomez and Emma Watson are legal now, lol. 

I completely agree with number 1.     Fantastic choice.  I suspect HBO showing her topless practically every show has something to do with it, but her character is also very attractive, and in real life she is very down to Earth.  They picked her literally out of nowhere...I read an article in which she was asked what she thought of it all, and she said "you know, before this part I was working in a bar".   I do like her.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2014, 02:27:18 EST »

Are you saying women voted?   I mean, in this day and age, maybe some did, but a better stat would be 70% of ADULT MALES.

Odd that you would also bring children into it.   They hopefully don't desire these women.   

That's why I took out the children

Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2014, 07:27:45 EST »

Oh... Oona Chaplin makes me feel funny and stuff.  :-)

And how. I cursed when they killed her off Game of Thrones.

A lot of WTF's on the list (Cate Blanchett, Amy Poehler, Taylor Swift, Kim Kardasian etc.), but they did get it right in omitting Anne Hathaway and Gwyneth Paltrow. Never understood the fascination with those two.
VOLveeta
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2014, 03:51:35 EST »

Ridge Runner, you do know that she's Charlie's granddaughter, right?   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: