VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 12:51:34 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Off topic for the moment, but I know we have experts..... Vinnie???  (Read 11358 times)
Creek Walker
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 08:34:46 EDT »

customer service has always been very courteous and effective and as Gregg said, we couldn't beat their price either. I'm thinking of calling to say I'm considering switching just to see what perks they might offer....it's usually premium channels which I don't care about anyway but hey it's always worth checking.   

Right now they're offering an iPad 2 and free Hopper to new customers. I'm going to call and tell them I'm switching to DirecTV if they don't give me that.
UT Mom
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2014, 02:37:16 EDT »

Do you think it will help to call?
 I've had dish for four years and would like to get these things also. 
They don't seem to care about faithful customers .

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2014, 03:47:17 EDT »

Do you think it will help to call?
 I've had dish for four years and would like to get these things also.  
They don't seem to care about faithful customers .

Here's what I do, I call and ask "can you please tell me when my contract is up?"

Once I know that, when the date passes my contract is up I'll look up what price I could get from Dish (cause I want to have accurate info if Direct asks) and I call Direct and ask to be put through to the dept that cancels service.  I'm calm but I say everything and give every indication that I'm serious about cancelling.  I don't even ask for anything at first.  Inevitably they'll say something like "can I ask why you want to cancel?"  Then I calmly say, "it's simple really... Dish is cheaper and I have to save money where I can."  This last time I even threw in "I also saw Dish now offers a cool Hopper feature that looks good to me".  Really, my main goal was a new Direct receiver and whole home DVR.  So the guy asked "well what would it take to get you to stay with us?" and I said "give me the hardware and waive the installation fees for whole home DVR".  And he said, "absolutely, I can do that for you.  I'll also take $$$ ( don't remember how much exactly) off of your monthly bill for a year, would you stay with is then?"  And I repeated what he just offered just to be sure, and he said "yes".  I said, "ok, I'll stay".  It was as simple as that for me.  

In my experience the key has been the fact that my contract is up and I have leverage.  Each time, they've surpassed my requests in exchange for me signing on the dotted line for another 2 year contract.. which I'm happy to do because I'm happy with it anyway.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 03:48:59 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: