VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 09:41:53 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you see the Broncos schedule for this year? I hope they make the playoffs.  (Read 2526 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2014, 04:22:50 EDT »

Brutal! Total opposite of last years schedule, which was one of the easiest.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 05:47:37 EDT »

Good.  It will better prepare them for the offseason.

How could last year's schedule be "easy", when they played in the toughest division in the NFL?  KC and San Diego both made the playoffs...KC was leading the NFL in record for a long time.  Granted, KC DID have an easy schedule.  Oh yeah, the Broncos also played Indy...another playoff team...on the road and played New England on the road as well.

Heck, they even played Seattle in the regular season!

Easy?   Seriously dude, where do you get this stuff?  
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 05:52:11 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 05:50:17 EDT »

Looking at this year's schedule, they again play New England, Indy and Seattle, while also picking up San Fran.

IMO, the San Fran game is the only thing you can point to that's "harder".   Peyton can handle it, he's a big boy.  Heck, it will be a good game and I am looking forward to it.

If I hated Peyton and wanted to dis his success last year, I would definitely talk about the Broncos (mythical) "easy schedule" last year.    Go post that on Mudlizard, they will love it.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 07:58:56 EDT »

I beg to differ. Denver had a favorable schedule last year. KC, SD were okay teams, not what I would call great. KC was undefeated at 8-0 and had not played a .500 team the first time they met. AFC West played NFC Least last year. This year they get NFC West. Big difference. Indy has an easy schedule this year, on paper. But strength of schedule doesn't matter in NFL. You win and you're in. Denver didn't play no one close to a SF or Seattle defense in the regular season.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 08:04:20 EDT »

I don't see how trading Dallas, NY, Washington and Philly on the schedule for SF, Seattle , Arizona is easier.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 08:06:44 EDT »

Broncos didn't play Seattle or SF in regular season last year.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 12:29:48 EDT »

Broncos didn't play Seattle or SF in regular season last year.

Yeah, it was a preseason game, as it turns out.

Whatever.   I don't recall anyone saying their schedule was easy last year.  Playing Indy and New England out of the division on the road ain't easy.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 12:35:46 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: