VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 07:13:55 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: COUNTDOWN TO THE COUNTDOWN TO KICKOFF  (Read 6150 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2015, 04:33:39 EST »

DAY 113

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 04:45:54 EST »

DAY 113

Got a little sad last night thinking about NCAA basketball being my only sports interest for the two months after signing day. Got a lot sadder when I thought about the four months after that.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 05:08:25 EST »

The only thing that gets me through till next football season after March Madness is.....The Masters, US Open, British Open, etc...

I'm a baseball fan but don't get into it until late in the season and only then if my St. Louis Cards are still in the running....which they usually are.

RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 05:30:14 EST »

The only thing I look forward to after tomorrow is the grass turning green and firing the lawn mower up, filling the cooler up and disappearing for 6-8 hours.  There may not be any straight lines at the end of the
day but the grass is cut and the beer has been drank!   I know once this process happens that it's not long until Pirate will start his countdown!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 05:46:45 EST »

The only thing I look forward to after tomorrow is the grass turning green and firing the lawn mower up, filling the cooler up and disappearing for 6-8 hours.  There may not be any straight lines at the end of the
day but the grass is cut and the beer has been drank!   I know once this process happens that it's not long until Pirate will start his countdown!

If you like cutting grass so much....come over to my house and cut away. I'll furnish the beer!
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 06:20:30 EST »

I have 23 Acres Phil...that holds me for a little bit!  lol...that's a little toooooo far to drive after consuming far to many of your favorite adult beverages while mowing!
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 08:39:49 EST »

I know all you Olberman disciples on here will hiss and boo this post----NASCAR----3 weeks away and then every week (practically).  Between NASCAR, golf, occasional tennis, and occasional baseball (thanks a bunch, Braves--it used to be frequent baseball), I can survive until August.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 08:43:04 EST »

I played fantasy baseball last year for the first time in years and it really helped me pass the time until football started... but after having the best team in my league the second half of the year I lost in the final playoff week because someone bad got on a hot streak and it killed my desire to play this year.

I will watch the NBA playoffs (in before someone says 'what's the NBA') and of course March Madness... some golf, although Tiger not being good kills it for me mostly... and hope the Reds field a decent team this summer.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 08:47:30 EST »

These will help:

BROADCAST SCHEDULE

SEC NETWORK
Wed., 3/25 - Tennessee vs. Cincinnati - 7 p.m.
Sat., 3/28 - Tennessee at Vanderbilt - 5 p.m.
Sun., 3/29 - Tennessee at Vanderbilt - 3:30 p.m.
Thu., 4/9 - Tennessee vs. Missouri - 7 p.m.
Fri., 4/10 - Tennessee vs. Missouri - 7 p.m.
Sat., 4/11 - Tennessee vs. Missouri - 12 p.m.
Thu., 4/16 - Tennessee at Kentucky - 7 p.m.
Sat., 4/18 - Tennessee at Kentucky - 12 p.m.
Sun., 4/26 - Tennessee vs. South Carolina - 1 p.m.
Sat., 5/2 - Tennessee vs. Texas A&M - 7 p.m.
Sat., 5/16 - Tennessee vs. Mississippi State - 1 p.m.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 08:49:13 EST »

I played fantasy baseball last year for the first time in years and it really helped me pass the time until football started... but after having the best team in my league the second half of the year I lost in the final playoff week because someone bad got on a hot streak and it killed my desire to play this year.

I will watch the NBA playoffs (in before someone says 'what's the NBA') and of course March Madness... some golf, although Tiger not being good kills it for me mostly... and hope the Reds field a decent team this summer.

I think fantasy can make you interested in almost any sport for awhile. I didn't realize how little I cared about the NFL until I was eliminated from playoff contention super early this year. I might have watched 30 minutes of NFL football from then until the Super Bowl.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 08:51:25 EST »

I think fantasy can make you interested in almost any sport for awhile. I didn't realize how little I cared about the NFL until I was eliminated from playoff contention super early this year. I might have watched 30 minutes of NFL football from then until the Super Bowl.

The NFL is the only professional sport where I can turn on a game and watch two teams I don't care about and I prefer not to play fantasy football although I did this year (two leagues).

I still prefer both College Football and Basketball to any professional sport.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2015, 08:56:03 EST »

The NFL is the only professional sport where I can turn on a game and watch two teams I don't care about and I prefer not to play fantasy football although I did this year (two leagues).

I still prefer both College Football and Basketball to any professional sport.

You need to come into town for some DonnieBall and let me buy you a beer.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 09:01:53 EST »

You need to come into town for some DonnieBall and let me buy you a beer.

I would like to make it up for a game and if I do I won't even make you stop at one beer.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2015, 09:10:07 EST »

I would like to make it up for a game and if I do I won't even make you stop at one beer.

That's what I like to hear.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 11:07:09 EST »

That's what I like to hear.

Let me look at the schedule and see what I can make work. There is a lot of work craziness going on that may be taking up my weekends soon.

TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 12:11:42 EST »

No Preds games?!   
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 05:54:05 EST »

No Preds games?!   

Of course... I have watched almost every game this year on TV but I'm superstitious to talk about it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: