VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 07:45:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey Pirate.......  (Read 1243 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2015, 03:34:53 EST »

Your thoughts?

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/local-news/ut-names-band-directors_30684258
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 04:04:49 EST »

Honestly?
Bleh

While I love our traditions I think we should have taken the opportunity to bring in new blood and ideas.  The Pride is but a shadow of itself, though the marching was much better this year and the shows, in general, better than recent past.  However, we are STILL doing the SAME Circle Drill we have been doing since pretty much I retired from the AF (Did it twice (bamer and the Bowl game).
We tried some new stuff this year but there really wasn't much imagination in the design.  I do think there is little to tweak in the pregame but I am a bit tired of playing the opposing team fight song (especially since that is the only time in pregame they are playing towards me).

Oh, and while we are on the Pride:  Somebody at UT needs to totally rethink the entire game production concept.  It is disjointed and flat unprofessional IMO.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason for piped in music vs the Pride vs the jumbotron.  The only thing that excited the crowd (other than Sterl the Perl during warmups) was Third Down for What? and they played that into the ground.  I will say it was interesting watching 40-something and 50-something trying to do 3rd Down for What? at road games ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: