VTTW Board Index
April 16, 2024, 06:55:36 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IMO the L$U AD and administration are still  (Read 4147 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2015, 05:41:51 EST »

#badword#S of the first rate.
They had nothing to say as the rumors swirled

But he remains the coach

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 06:28:35 EST »

Media got played like a dollar store fiddle....Love it. With Lester Miles...nothing is normal.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 06:33:32 EST »

I never thought they would fire him.

When they said they would factor in what coaches were available, that kind of tipped it off.  That, and Jimbo Fisher was rumored as the replacement.  Jimbo wasn't going anywhere.  Why would he?  It's kind of a lateral move at best, and like Bowden he probably doesn't want to be a "dead hero in the SEC".

When they won't replace him without factoring in his replacement and Jimbo is the only candidate that kind of gives it away.

And Pirate, to address your "twisting in the wind" comment, I think they wanted him to twist a bit.  It's a wake up call.  If the deterioration at LSU continues, it will make it easier the next time around.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 06:37:21 EST »

Nobody with any sense would mess with what got them what they have. The media didn't get played. Les was most likely going to get fired if he didn't win this game. Listening to less' presser one can see he is being just genial enough in his comments but there is still an underlying verbal sparring going on. I would like to see them get contacted by programs fishing for an hc and him negotiate a punitive contract with lsu. It would serve them right to pony up more dough because they did not handle this situation with better sensitivity. They were downright stupid!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 07:50:18 EST by tshadow » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 02:31:55 EST »

Nobody with any sense would mess with what got them what they have. The media didn't get played. Les was most likely going to get fired if he didn't win this game. Listening to less' presser one can see he is being just genial enough in his comments but there is still an underlying verbal sparring going on. I would like to see them get contacted by programs fishing for an hc and him negotiate a punitive contract with lsu. It would serve them right to pony up more dough because they did not handle this situation with better sensitivity. They were downright stupid!

On the surface it looks like they were stupid.  Can Miles negotiate a bigger buyout?  I seriously doubt it.  I think they realized a $15 million buyout is stupid.  They will bide their time until a better opportunity.

As much as I thought firing him was stupid, discussion has been about how stubborn he can be about the offense.  During his entire tenure the offense has struggled at times.  Turning up the heat like this might just motivate him to fix it finally.  Or not.

If he leaves he gives up a $15 million buyout.  That would be hard for anyone to do IMO.  It does drop to $11 million next year, and one can only assume it drops $4 million per year.  As time goes by, it will become easier to fire him and/or for  him to leave.

And honestly, he has kept the program at a high level but he inherited a first rate program from Saban.  All he did was keep it going.  He won the MNC in 2007, but LSU is the only 2-loss program in history to do that and they struggled to beat us in the SECC.  He blew a chance to win it in 2011 with one of the worst coaching jobs I've ever seen.  Hello?  Miles?  Where is your backup quarterback?  Holy shizzle.

Again, I am on record as saying firing him makes absolutely no sense, given both his record and his buyout.  Bluffing at doing so to put pressure on him does. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 05:49:44 EST »

Terms of his current contract aside it would serve them right for this last weeks fiasco to blow up in their 'freakin' faces. Everyone that works knows their job secruity is contingent on their job performance. If my boss went out of his way to express what is already understood... I would take that as a sign to polish off my resume. A bluff is an empty (unacheivable) threat. This was no bluff. It was a very public humiliation. Miles' comments suggest to me they have not quenced his resentment toward them for this.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 08:29:40 EST »

Terms of his current contract aside it would serve them right for this last weeks fiasco to blow up in their 'freakin' faces. Everyone that works knows their job secruity is contingent on their job performance. If my boss went out of his way to express what is already understood... I would take that as a sign to polish off my resume. A bluff is an empty (unacheivable) threat. This was no bluff. It was a very public humiliation. Miles' comments suggest to me they have not quenced his resentment toward them for this.

I dont think anyone views Miles performance the last two years as good.  Given thats true, firing him is still ridiculous.

But publicly humiliating him might just be appropriate, especially since he is obviously a stunborn ass when it comes to his offense.

Now I fully accept that I might be giving the lsu admin too much credit that they planned it this way. But given the lack of performance combined with huge payout and salary, he should be able to accept a bit of public criticism!

Seriously...hes a grown man making millions. No he should not be fired but I actually havent got a whole lot of problems with.the public "flogging" . Maybe he was complacent in fact.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 03:05:34 EST by BanditVol » Logged

tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 10:26:27 EST »

A crack in the dam was introduced by someone with some responsibility. It may not show up tomorrow but the damage will show up at the exact time when they will need the dam at its strongest. You never add stress at the same time you remove support. Going public was stupid.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: