VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 09:26:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have very high expectations of the 2016 team  (Read 4377 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2016, 02:44:17 EST »

and I won't dial it down unless we have a lot of injuries to key people. My expectations, based on returning talent and depth, our schedule, and expectations of a very tough defense under Shoop

- Win the east
- 50/50 on winning the SEC
- Be in the playoffs.

Now I think minimum we have to do the first item this year, or the staff will have failed.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 03:09:50 EST »

- Win the east

Now I think minimum we have to do the first item this year, or the staff will have failed.

agree

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 03:16:35 EST »

and I won't dial it down unless we have a lot of injuries to key people. My expectations, based on returning talent and depth, our schedule, and expectations of a very tough defense under Shoop

- Win the east
- 50/50 on winning the SEC
- Be in the playoffs.

Yeah, the SECE ought to be the expectation. Everything has lined up for that.

50/50 on a conference title might be a little high but that and a playoff appearance should absolutely be the team's goal for the season. I think the chances of it are more like 25% but it's there for the taking.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 08:18:32 EST »

CO. right, I think that should be the goal, and I am sure it is. I wouldn't say the season is a failure if we don't win the SEC or get to the playoffs, but not getting to the SECC would be a disappointment.

I am also thinking we beat Bama this year. I know Bama will be talented, but for the first time in a long time I think we have enough to be able to beat them.

SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 12:07:43 EST »

I take a loss in the regular season to bama & a win in the SECCG 👍 Everything should be in place. Depth & talent along the lines. A couple young linebackers should be ready to step up for depth. Young but talented WR. Experienced backfield. Recruited good secondary depth. Punter & PK return. Let's get it on!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 12:15:54 EST »

Yeah, the SECE ought to be the expectation. Everything has lined up for that.

50/50 on a conference title might be a little high but that and a playoff appearance should absolutely be the team's goal for the season. I think the chances of it are more like 25% but it's there for the taking.
The fact that it is on the table is what is great in my view
A bit of caution though, the four game stretch of UF, UGA, aTm and bamer back to back to back to back with two on the road will be a difficult test, though bamer being on the 3rd Saturday in October again brings a smile

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 10:20:00 EST »

A bit of caution though, the four game stretch of UF, UGA, aTm and bamer back to back to back to back with two on the road will be a difficult test, though bamer being on the 3rd Saturday in October again brings a smile

I think aTm is soft and has some issues. Life in the SEC.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 03:38:30 EST »

I personally have dropped florida from that list 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 03:51:00 EST »

I think expecting to win the East is reasonable. Anything more is icing on the cake. Bama game will tell us if we might be able to win SECCg.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: