VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 08:18:44 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remember when Gus Malzahn was feared by everyone?  (Read 5388 times)
Creek Walker
« on: September 04, 2016, 05:10:31 EDT »

Remember how he was going to revolutionize SEC football and football in general? Shocking to think this — just his fourth season at Auburn — could be his last.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 05:12:38 EDT »

Remember how he was going to revolutionize SEC football and football in general? Shocking to think this — just his fourth season at Auburn — could be his last.

We could see a LOT of coaching turnover in the SEC next offseason- particularly in the West.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 05:26:43 EDT »

Yeah, their bagman hasn't bought them a decent qb in awhile.  $$$

Wonder why?

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 05:31:52 EDT »

Tonight when one QB gets in rhythm he pulls him and puts in the other one. Stupid.
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 05:32:54 EDT »

Tonight when one QB gets in rhythm he pulls him and puts in the other one. Stupid.

Bizarre, to say the least. Even Spurrier didn't pull nonsense like that.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 12:09:29 EDT »

He may just figure they can't beat Clemson, so why not give all the guys a try.  Unconventional, but Clemson will certainly test them.

Not saying that's a good idea even if true.  Just speculating.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 12:44:11 EDT »

He may just figure they can't beat Clemson, so why not give all the guys a try.  Unconventional, but Clemson will certainly test them.

Not saying that's a good idea even if true.  Just speculating.

If that were the case, he would be an even bigger doofus, since Auburn was throwing into the end zone with a chance to win at the end, despite leaving a couple of scores on the field due to the QB switcheroos.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 02:47:42 EDT »

If that were the case, he would be an even bigger doofus, since Auburn was throwing into the end zone with a chance to win at the end, despite leaving a couple of scores on the field due to the QB switcheroos.

Yeah, I didn't see the game. 

So if it was that close, maybe he IS a genius after all, because it almost worked.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 02:02:40 EDT »

Tnphil id right. We had some momentum with Franklin in. Then put the guaranteed to fail JJ in. It was pretty frustrating knowing that the QB switcharoo never works. Never. And we still had a chance to win thanks to our D playing the best game it has played in about 3 years.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 04:24:40 EDT »

IMO the offense Gus Malzahn runs depends on a great WR and a great RB. Right now the Tigers have run out of RBs. Either WRs cannot catch the ball or QB cannot get it to them. Gus may be smart, but I just think his offensive players are not. It is also hard to win when your receivers are all short (about 5'-10" or less). For whatever the reason, Auburn cannot recruit players for their system that do not get thrown out of school. Also since so many schools now run the hurry-up offense, it is not the novel, surprise anymore. From offensive genius to unemployed. The fate of a lot of head coaches today.

Hey Mauitiger.
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2016, 04:50:57 EDT »

Quote from: 73Volgrad link=topic=34642.msg169346#msg169346 date=1473171880

Hey Mauitiger.
[/quote

Hey right back atcha. Great meeting you on Friday. I think we are the two best looking guys here at VTTW.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2016, 04:56:46 EDT »

[quote author=73Volgrad link=topic=34642.msg169346#msg169346 date=1473171880

Hey Mauitiger.

Hey right back atcha. Great meeting you on Friday. I think we are the two best looking guys here at VTTW.
A few summers ago I seem to remember a consensus that you had by far outkicked your coverage ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
10EC
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2016, 07:51:31 EDT »

A few summers ago I seem to remember a consensus that you had by far outkicked your coverage ...

Obvious pic violation... 
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2016, 09:51:20 EDT »

Oh...absolutely. It's not even close. Still not sure why she still hangs around. I just keep my head down and keep doing what I've been doing.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: