VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 02:12:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Howdy folks. How is everyone? My daughter got married Saturday and due to  (Read 4189 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2016, 06:55:09 EDT »

week long wedding festivities I didn't get to see any of the game Thursday night. I did keep checking the score and couldn't believe it. A win is win. I just despise the Jones apologists, as you very will know. Now some here are saying that APPY is a good team. Let me get this straight, some of you think they are almost good enough to win the SEC east, if you think the Vols are as well. I call BS. The Vols should have smoked this team. They didn't. Bad games happen. This team (Vols) has the talent to be lights out. I just don't see them being coached up. Opinions vary. I am over it and just hope we see some improvement. I think the hype has been detrimental to this team. After looking at this weeks games, I have no idea what to expect from this team. Looking at the schedule i thought the Bama game was the only question mark as winnable. This first week blew that theory all to hell.  I expect to see night and day improvement from this team each game from here on out. It gets old having friends ask what happened. I just say they were looking ahead to VaTech. Yeah, let's just go with that. Jones can take his no "apologies for the bad performance" and stick it up his ass. He better get on the stick. We will see how it plays out. Right now, he is a few bricks short in his brick by brick BS. I pray their future performance shuts me up and puts me on the Jones bandwagon. Like I said, I didn't get to see the game, someone fill me in on why we struggled so bad?

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 07:02:49 EDT »

Like I said, I didn't get to see the game, someone fill me in on why we struggled so bad?

Coaching.

That's the answer you want, right?
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 07:04:59 EDT »

Coaching.

That should make him happy Creek...No need in watching the game..just blame coaching.
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 07:11:39 EDT »

Coaching.

Don't forget to add that Bama looked great, and 5th at will round out the answer he wants to hear. I'm convinced that he's a Bama fan that lo e's to troll the board

11B4PJ3F7
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 07:12:04 EDT »

Just par for the course replys from you guys.

volsboyinsodak
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 10:31:04 EDT »

It was poor coaching and poor preparation by the offensive staff primarily. Both lines were not prepared at all. The game plans on both sides assumed UT could just show up and win with a basic game plan. DeBord and OL coach had no answers and never adjusted. Neither the offensive or defensive coaches appeared to be able to motivate this team to execute at SEC level.

Yes it was bad coaching and the inability to plan for an unconventional opponent. IMO they overlooked App State. App State is not that good. Our coaches were just that bad Thursday night. They still won somehow.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 12:07:05 EDT »

Appy State went 11-2 last year and won a bowl game.  SBC or not, they are a good team. I'll argue that till hell freezes over.

Was it a bad game, and did it reflect poorly on our coaching staff?  Yes and yes.

Is it the end of the world?  No, and I will be tuned in at 7:30 CDT Saturday to find out.

One nit...I wouldn't say Debord/Jones "didn't adjust at all".  We did go deep to Malone on one well-designed play and it worked.  I think we would have gone deep more often if the line hadn't sucked so bad.

Based on Jones Sunday (I think?) comments that I read in the KNS this morning, I think he more or less admitted Thomas was nicked up and that we basically don't have a backup.  He put out a long, carefully-worded statement about the lack of quality depth on the OL, blah blah blah.

Quality depth is one thing, ANY DEPTH AT ALL is another.  I believe he could have randomly selected any true frosh OL recruit and they would have done better than Thomas.  Of course, a center is special...has to be able to snap the shot gun ball and have at least some rapport with the QB.  If Jones is indirectly admitting we don't have another center "trained up", then there is no excuse for that.  Not four years in.

Tune in Saturday to see if this past Thursday was an anomaly or a sign of things to come.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 12:19:17 EDT »

week long wedding festivities I didn't get to see any of the game Thursday night. I did keep checking the score and couldn't believe it. A win is win. I just despise the Jones apologists, as you very will know. Now some here are saying that APPY is a good team. Let me get this straight, some of you think they are almost good enough to win the SEC east, if you think the Vols are as well. I call BS. The Vols should have smoked this team. They didn't. Bad games happen. This team (Vols) has the talent to be lights out. I just don't see them being coached up. Opinions vary. I am over it and just hope we see some improvement. I think the hype has been detrimental to this team. After looking at this weeks games, I have no idea what to expect from this team. Looking at the schedule i thought the Bama game was the only question mark as winnable. This first week blew that theory all to hell.  I expect to see night and day improvement from this team each game from here on out. It gets old having friends ask what happened. I just say they were looking ahead to VaTech. Yeah, let's just go with that. Jones can take his no "apologies for the bad performance" and stick it up his ass. He better get on the stick. We will see how it plays out. Right now, he is a few bricks short in his brick by brick BS. I pray their future performance shuts me up and puts me on the Jones bandwagon. Like I said, I didn't get to see the game, someone fill me in on why we struggled so bad?
It is best to remain silent rather than open one's mouth and confirm

ONE TRICK PONY

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 06:11:45 EDT »

Tough crowd here. It no fun to poke you bears if you won't play back. Honestly, I expect our level of play will improve drastically in the up coming weeks. Just don't call me a Bammer anymore. I hate all things Bama.

volsboyinsodak
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 02:50:22 EDT »

Tough crowd here. It no fun to poke you bears if you won't play back.

I thought you would have learned by now that the "bears" on this board simply don't want to be "poked." That's not how this board works.

Honestly, I expect our level of play will improve drastically in the up coming weeks.

Me too. I fully expect us to have an easier time with VT this week than with App. State last week. But I'm a homer with orange-colored glasses.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: