VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 03:16:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just to change the subject...who do got in Louisville Vs Tiglets? What is the  (Read 2056 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2016, 04:53:59 EDT »

over/under for the game....100? Someone said UL's QB is a faster version of Johnny Football. How do you think the Vols D would do against a team like this or Ole Miss. Or are we more suited to defend traditional offense. I heard someone say on a talk show that SEC defenses are starting to get more like Big 12 defenses. I don't see it. I think defense is still the reason the SEC is better than the others year in and year out.

volsboyinsodak
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 10:45:15 EDT »

Louisville comfortably.  Lamar Jackson has assets that Johnny Eightball never dreamed about, mainly an unscrambled brain.  He is not the most articulate kid, is really shy, but Petrino says has one of the best football minds of any QB he has coached.  The vast majority of Petrino plays are reads for every skill position,so it is not like "this player will always be at this point on the field on this play".  Jackson has a lots of reads pre-snap and during the play.  He can also run a little bit.  He is special.  

Of course, I am heavily biased as Louisville is UK's biggest rival, and as such, my second favorite team.  It is my deepest hope that the Cards will hang three digits on the 'cats this year.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 03:53:02 EDT by LouisVOL » Logged

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 03:57:30 EDT »

When bammer and ole miss, arbuably the two best West teams (but wait till they play Tamu) both score over 30, the Vols hang 38 (and could have been more) on "the country's best defense" (to which...lol), and Tamu hangs over 30 on a "tough physical" Arkansas D, how can you say SEC defenses are not challenged?   They certainly are!

That doesn't mean I don't think defense wins championships.  It defintely does.  But offense currently has the upper hand over D in the SEC. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 04:31:17 EDT »

I just hope it never gets to the SEC defenses looking like the BIG 12.

volsboyinsodak
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 08:11:52 EDT »

I want Louisville to win so Clempsun does not make it to the Playoff. I am afraid that Dabo will work is voodoo magic on Louisville. Louisville should win if their offense is clicking and their defense is for real. If Louisville can beat Clempsun and FreeShoesU and win division that should eliminate them from title talk. As long as Bobby P does not end up in SEC next year.
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 09:34:08 EDT »

I'm going for the orange team. I'm a big fan of Dabo's. If not us, I hope they win the NC this year. Just wish Butch would lock down our borders and stop letting him raid our state's best prep talent.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: