VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 06:50:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please welcome Kevin Beard to the Best Football Coaching Staff In The Country  (Read 1663 times)
Creek Walker
« on: February 28, 2017, 10:08:12 EST »

Underwhelmed? You should be.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 01:02:42 EST »

Like the hire myself.....I've talked to some folks that says he will be a good one. But...IMO a good high school WR coach would be a upgrade over what we had.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 01:18:11 EST »

As hot as Butch's seat is right now, it's my opinion that we are fortunate to have gotten a coach of Beard's caliber to come to Knoxville.  Like Phil said, he will be an upgrade as an on the field coach - I have no doubt about that.  And that's what this program needs right now. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 03:17:57 EST »

From what I've read, I like the hire just fine.   It's an upgrade over coach Z,  no doubt   And like Herb said, what top flight WR coach is going to come onboard for a hotseat coach?
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 04:31:27 EST »

I like this hire, and actually have pretty much liked all the new hires.  But the proof will be on the field, and that proof cannot exhibit itself unless Butch gets out of the way and lets them coach.  Maybe Saban can micromanage, but Butch is not Saban.  We shall see how much he turns these guys loose.

Underwhelmed? You should be.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: