VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 07:57:21 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We always give UGA all they want  (Read 1535 times)
volpride
Walk-On

Give.Him.Six

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2017, 07:34:23 EDT »

If we win this game, what does it mean to you? How does your opinion of Butch and the staff change? I personally wouldn't be surprised by a W, but I would still need some time and to see more games to make a final decision.

"The hardest moments are a call to something greater"
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 09:13:24 EDT »

I would be shocked based on the games Ga has played vs the games we've played. I'd need a MUCH larger sample to convince me that we're other than mediocre as a result of BJ's coaching decisions and system.                              
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 12:20:35 EDT »

Nothing that happens in this game would surprise me. It wouldn't surprise me to see Tennessee get boat-raced. It wouldn't surprise me to see a close game that comes down to the final possession.

Part of me believes that if Georgia hadn't dominated Mississippi State last week, nobody would've thought Tennessee would get blown out this week. And if Mississippi State hadn't beaten LSU, nobody would've still thought it (and we all know Ed Orgeron is hardly a great head coach). The other part thinks UGA is for real. That win at Notre Dame is looking more impressive, since the Irish look pretty decent this year.

At the end of the year, this Tennessee team may have played poorly thus far, but there's still a ton of talent on this team. I'm not sure it's been developed enough to compete with a top tier SEC team, but we'll see...
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 01:02:34 EDT »

This is  a pivotal game for sure.  Agree that it proves nothing one way or the other and that it will take a whole season to know exactly where we are.  But it is going to be  very strong indicator of how the rest of the season can or will go.

As I noted elsewhere (possibly on another board), this is the first game that doesn't have some sort of asterisk after it.  Such as:

GaTech* (they run the triple option and it's in 'neutral' Atlanta)
ISU** (FCS school scrimmage)
Florida*** (hurricane and suspensions)
UMass**** (hangover from a really bad beat)

Uga has nothing strange about it, other than looking better than they have in years.  It's our other major SEC East rival and it's at home, and it's a big game.

Line em up and play....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: