VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 03:32:12 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do y’all think of Schiano as HFC?  (Read 4778 times)
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2017, 03:38:12 EST »

He obviously did well at the University of New Jersey, ha, Rutgers, but his tenure in the NFL kinda worries me.  That whole business about playing victory formation plays at full speed was bat shizzle crazy, IMO.  What do yoose gies think of him and all that wood choppin’ we’ll be doing?

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 03:47:30 EST »

He doesn't really move the needle for me.  But at least he has HC experience, unlike a few of the others I've seen mentioned. 

The hot new name that has been making the rounds the past couple days is John Harbaugh.  I don't know how realistic that is (probably not very), but he would excite me as much as Gruden.

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 05:32:17 EST »

His OSU defenses haven't killed it, and his pre-Big 10 Rutgers squads were hit or miss, even with light schedules. I think Leach and Mullen have stronger resumes.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 05:51:53 EST »

He doesn't really move the needle for me.  But at least he has HC experience, unlike a few of the others I've seen mentioned. 

The hot new name that has been making the rounds the past couple days is John Harbaugh.  I don't know how realistic that is (probably not very), but he would excite me as much as Gruden.

I think if you could name any coach, Harbaugh would be hard to beat.  He just might be the best coach in the NFL.  That young dude coaching the Rams is making a big splash in his firsts year.  I just don’t see us getting Harbaugh, that sounds crazy.  However, he has been with the Ravens for quite some time and maybe it’s time for a change!

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 07:25:13 EST »

He makes FCBJ seem like a nice guy ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 05:20:29 EST »

I think if you could name any coach, Harbaugh would be hard to beat.  He just might be the best coach in the NFL.  That young dude coaching the Rams is making a big splash in his firsts year.  I just don’t see us getting Harbaugh, that sounds crazy.  However, he has been with the Ravens for quite some time and maybe it’s time for a change!
Belichick ring any bells?

volsboyinsodak
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 05:45:09 EST »

Belichick ring any bells?
I'm not talking about who has been the best, but who is the best, at the moment, to hire.  Sure, hoodie man is still great, but he is starting to fade and there is not much tread left on the tire, so to speak......

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 06:33:06 EST »

If we get to him it means we didn't do any better than we did with Butch Jones.  About the same distance down the list.  Nothing but a seat filler. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 07:03:01 EST »

He was also at PSU during the Sandusky era. That alone disqualifies him.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 09:53:03 EST »

I don't want a coordinator, with maybe one or two exceptions, of which he is not one.  And I wasn't that impressed with his run at Rutgers either.  So...no.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 04:16:21 EST »

That's a great point.  I really believe they ALL KNEW.  I'm SURE Paterno did, which is a damn shame.  There is a ton of great of good things to say about Paterno...but what he did with regards to Sandusky is just INEXPLICABLE.

dansavol1
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 04:36:32 EST »

would be below the bottom of any list!  think it would be a disaster.

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2017, 09:54:39 EST »

And according to court documents knew about Sandusky.  I was semi-OK with him until I read about this.  He denied it, but others testified to it.  Could not support him as coach in way, shape, form.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2017, 10:05:44 EST »

No

PSU stench all over him

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: