VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 02:19:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If this is the best John Currie can do...  (Read 2573 times)
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2017, 10:39:08 EST »

His ass needs to be gone!
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 10:50:57 EST »

His ass needs to be gone!

Zackly, if true, his ass needs to be CANNED ASAP.  This is inexcusable.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 11:00:20 EST »

Curried is flat screwed no matter how this ends up.
If the hire goes through we have all seen the reaction.
If the deal doesn't go through then he is a weak assed moron (well, given this potential hire that is a given)

Why the hell the panic to make a hire today?  That hasn't been answered to my knowledge and make no mistake this is a panic hire.
He is as  tone-deaf as when he had a hand in firing Fulmer

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 03:42:31 EST »

Curried is flat screwed no matter how this ends up.
If the hire goes through we have all seen the reaction.
If the deal doesn't go through then he is a weak assed moron (well, given this potential hire that is a given)

Why the hell the panic to make a hire today?  That hasn't been answered to my knowledge and make no mistake this is a panic hire.
He is as  tone-deaf as when he had a hand in firing Fulmer

I don't think he was in a panic.  I am pretty sure this has been in the works a couple of weeks.  It was a bad hire though, so I'm mostly just glad it didn't pan out.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 08:05:33 EST »

I don't think he was in a panic.  I am pretty sure this has been in the works a couple of weeks.  It was a bad hire though, so I'm mostly just glad it didn't pan out.
Apparently, Currie's concept of "vetting" differs from my and other people's concept of same
According to Brice, Currie was informed of the PSU link within 24 hours of the MOU.
Why the hell was that not discovered during his "vetting" process or is he really just a puppet for the HoH?

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 04:43:18 EST »

Apparently, Currie's concept of "vetting" differs from my and other people's concept of same
According to Brice, Currie was informed of the PSU link within 24 hours of the MOU.
Why the hell was that not discovered during his "vetting" process or is he really just a puppet for the HoH?

Vetted? You mean like we did to Donnie Tyndall? Maybe with the poor and lack of leadership in Knoxville a search firm would have prevented this?
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 04:43:31 EST »

Whether true or not, a portion of the fan base sees Currie as Hamilton 2.0 controlled entirely by the athletic board, or committee, or what it is now called. A portion of the fan base (me included) believe that Chancellor Davenport was told that she could not hire Blackburn under any circumstance. So she had to establish some criteria that pretty much limited the pool and allowed her to select Currie because it pleased Big Money. True or not this is the impression and reality that some see.

Regardless of whether you personally like Currie or not, he is viewed as damaged goods to both sides now. His ability to operate as AD will continue to be hampered by his selection and not trying to defend it when the &%$# hit the fan. Currie may as well resign now because he cannot win now.  
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 07:46:50 EST »

Whether true or not, a portion of the fan base sees Currie as Hamilton 2.0 controlled entirely by the athletic board, or committee, or what it is now called. A portion of the fan base (me included) believe that Chancellor Davenport was told that she could not hire Blackburn under any circumstance. So she had to establish some criteria that pretty much limited the pool and allowed her to select Currie because it pleased Big Money. True or not this is the impression and reality that some see.

Regardless of whether you personally like Currie or not, he is viewed as damaged goods to both sides now. His ability to operate as AD will continue to be hampered by his selection and not trying to defend it when the &%$# hit the fan. Currie may as well resign now because he cannot win now.  

These are not bad points.  However, note that the OP said "IF this is the best he can do...".  Surely it is not!  So he has a chance at redemption, no?

And to paraphrase you, no matter what you think of him, the best thing for the program now is that he makes a good hire. 

The great majority of our fan base now has little confidence that he will do so (90% per a very non-scientific poll on VN), but it's still in the long term interest of the program to make a good hire.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: