VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 06:04:08 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trivia question (I don't know the answer)  (Read 1872 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2018, 09:01:34 EST »

Has there ever been an SEC POY who fouled out of more games than Grant Williams did this year? Shaq, maybe?

Now that he has some hardware, hopefully he'll be officiated like it- rather than like the last scrub off the bench.

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 09:30:05 EST »

He needs to stop complaining to the refs. I know he's frustrated but it's not helping him. I'm convinced the refs look at complainers with a jaundiced eye.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 09:45:29 EST »

He needs to stop complaining to the refs. I know he's frustrated but it's not helping him. I'm convinced the refs look at complainers with a jaundiced eye.

Oh no doubt.  I have been a soccer ref in rec leagues.  The whiners DO get noticed.  Human nature.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 01:52:44 EST »

I'm convinced there's more to it than that. Take his 5th foul on Saturday. When is the last time you saw an all-star caliber player foul out on a call like that, at home, at that point in a close game with a championship on the line? I've never seen anything like that in my life.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 02:02:40 EST »

Yep!!! I umpired baseball on the high school...American Legion and college level for many years. The batters that complained about my strike zone better swing from the nose to the ankles because if they didn't I'd ring them up. Didn't take them long to not complain any longer. 

Maybe when we get to the NCAA tourney GW will get better treatment from the refs.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 02:58:55 EST »

I'm convinced there's more to it than that. Take his 5th foul on Saturday. When is the last time you saw an all-star caliber player foul out on a call like that, at home, at that point in a close game with a championship on the line? I've never seen anything like that in my life.

I agree with CRB. It was a foul and had to be called - the real problem was some of his previous fouls which were silly and lazy on Grant's part.  When the player with possession went down because Grant rolled into him, even if accidentally, its a foul. The fact that it was going to be his fifth foul is completely irrelevant - if it's a foul is a foul.

Grant does at times draw some fouls that are what I would call petty, some even phantom. Examples are the fouls he gets on the offensive end when executing 'duck in' moves - almost all are just good offensive positioning.

I do not like the way he questions officials about calls. I would really urge him to just shut up and play ball. He's most likely not doing himself any favors with officials by questioning their call, and they are not going to reverse it based on Williams' explanation.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 06:15:37 EST »

Absolutely.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: