VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 07:52:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Embarrassing  (Read 1989 times)
VOLcrazi
Special Teamer

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2018, 04:37:48 EST »

what's left to say?
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 08:15:57 EST »

what's left to say?
How have you been?
Good to see those crazi eyes again!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 08:33:25 EST »

I wouldn't say embarrassing, especially since we just went through the very public gaffed hiring process less than a year ago. I think that people seem to have forgotten just how bad the program, and the University, has been the last 1.5 decades. There's been a constant and continual decline ever since Bensel Meyers started up.

We have a mess that isn't going to just disappear in a few months, patients is a great thing

11B4PJ3F7
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 01:45:36 EST »

I wouldn't say embarrassing, especially since we just went through the very public gaffed hiring process less than a year ago. I think that people seem to have forgotten just how bad the program, and the University, has been the last 1.5 decades. There's been a constant and continual decline ever since Bensel Meyers started up.

We have a mess that isn't going to just disappear in a few months, patients is a great thing

I've been patient a long time. I can be patient a bit longer, but I will be less patient with CJP than CBJ.  The reason being, I don't think the cupboard is quite as bare as when doofus left.  But it's not great either.  I think expecting 7-8 wins next season against a much easier schedule is not unrealistic, and those are my expectations.  And if...I stress if...all goes well we might compete for the East in 2020 if JG continues to develop and we find an OL and DL.  It's possible.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 01:58:49 EST »

I've been patient a long time. I can be patient a bit longer, but I will be less patient with CJP than CBJ.  The reason being, I don't think the cupboard is quite as bare as when doofus left.  But it's not great either.  I think expecting 7-8 wins next season against a much easier schedule is not unrealistic, and those are my expectations.  And if...I stress if...all goes well we might compete for the East in 2020 if JG continues to develop and we find an OL and DL.  It's possible.

I think that you're thinking on a smaller scale than I'm speaking of, I'm talking of the entire athletic program and the executive portion of the university itself. More specifically, a good start would get the Pilot money and its influence out of the decision making process, strike a good balance between athletic and sports program interests and even possibly setting up a morals, standards and performance expectations agreement witht he student athletes.

A 7-8 season next year isn't the answer that I'm intrested in.

11B4PJ3F7
VOLcrazi
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 05:52:17 EST »

Hey Pirate!  Can't complain, been doing pretty well.  I do the occasional fly-by to check up on everyone here. I only wish we had a team worthy of posting about!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 10:36:31 EST »

I think that you're thinking on a smaller scale than I'm speaking of, I'm talking of the entire athletic program and the executive portion of the university itself. More specifically, a good start would get the Pilot money and its influence out of the decision making process, strike a good balance between athletic and sports program interests and even possibly setting up a morals, standards and performance expectations agreement witht he student athletes.

A 7-8 season next year isn't the answer that I'm intrested in.

I assume in that last sentance you mean you are thinking longer term?  That's fine.

I have heard many decry the decisions that have been made, but few specifics.  What decisions in particular are you referring to?

I'll throw one out. Whoever decided to hire Hamilton should be gut shot and then dragged behind a horse.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: