VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 07:32:59 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ole Miss and Miss St look much improved to me.....  (Read 1357 times)
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2020, 12:06:35 EDT »

a credit to their new coaches, I imagine.  That Maroon QB looks dang good.  The rebel O looks dang good and looks like it is very well coached.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 12:18:12 EDT »

Kiffin is one of the best offensive minds in the college game plus they have a lot of talent on offense.....They will have to outscore folks to win games because their defense is awful. Luke did a bad job recruiting defensive players while he was the HC.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 12:52:49 EDT »

Defense was pretty awful last year and has just picked up where they left off.

A point apparently lost on the announcers as they elbowed each other aside to see who could fawn over the Florida offense the most.   

I'm not saying the Florida offense isn't good, it is, but I'll be impressed when they play a good defense and not until.

This is part of what was discussed on Fienbaum a few weeks ago.  Fienbaum himself said "it looks like the schedule makers want Florida and Alabama in the title game".  I appears the SEC network is lock step with that objective, as they are clearly promoting Florida and bammer as the clear favorites. Today's slobberfest over Trask and company was just part of that. 

I hope it's 20 deg and rainy when they come to Knoxville later this fall.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 01:05:55 EDT »

FL had 642 yards of offense....Their all time record against a SEC team.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 01:08:49 EDT »

FL had 642 yards of offense....Their all time record against a SEC team.

Yeah I know, and that I guess does deserve some acknowledgement.  But Ole Miss defense is just awful.  Let's see them against a good SEC defense, at least.

If they get 642 yards on Georgia, I will definitely be impressed.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2020, 01:13:21 EDT »

I didn't know if Leach had enough guys to use at MSU. I'm impressed.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2020, 01:17:40 EDT »

I didn't know if Leach had enough guys to use at MSU. I'm impressed.

New coach...new system...limited camp and a transfer QB that's throw for 553 yards so far against LSU....We have a QB that's been here it seems 8 years and you never know what you're gonna get out of him.

Here's hoping Gitmo has improved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: