VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 09:16:44 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Score: aTm 41 - Crocs 38  (Read 1155 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2020, 09:24:37 EDT »

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 03:40:58 EDT »

So much for that thing about the Aggies being a guaranteed win for UT. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 06:04:17 EDT »

So much for that thing about the Aggies being a guaranteed win for UT. 

Maybe, but that works both ways. UF isn't looking like a guaranteed loss anymore either.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 11:49:52 EDT »

Maybe, but that works both ways. UF isn't looking like a guaranteed loss anymore either.

Heck, Arkansas is not guaranteed anymore either. They are a much better team this year.

The one that does seem guaranteed at this point is Vandy.  But even there, I have noticed a trend that Vandy always plays like shizzle in September but can be pretty decent in late November.  As much as I hate to admit it, I think that's a sign of good coaching. So while they look like an easy W right now, they might be tougher at the end of the year.

So I guess the order of toughness is:3.

1. Bammer
2. Florida
3. Tamu
4. Auburn
5. Kentucky
6. Arkansas
7. Vandy

Tamu might be ahead of Florida, but given our historical difficulties with the gators  (), I'm leaving them at 2.  Auburn could also go lower, but at the end of the day they did beat UK and Arkansas (Even though they looked like crap while doing so), but we do play them down there and UK and Arkie are at home.  So with the possible exception of 2/3, I think this is the right order.

My take on the above list is that we should be expected to beat 4-6, and have reasonable expectation of beating either Tamu or the gators.

I will add that beating bammer is more likely than it has been since at least 2016, but I would not say that expectation is reasonable just yet.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 12:55:18 EDT »

Ark by far the most improved team in the SEC....Should be 2-1 like us...they were robbed yesterday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: