VTTW Board Index
June 26, 2024, 04:06:21 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Chattanooga at Tennessee, August 31, 2024, 12:45 p.m. ET, SEC Network. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'll go on record as saying we can beat Bowling Green  (Read 1373 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2021, 07:32:58 EDT »

They have not won more than 3 games in a season since 2016.  They were 0-5 last year, and although it's hard to read too much into that due to the pandemic, it's par for the course of the previous 5 years.  Their HC was brought in to improve the offense and they averaged 11 ppg last year (with an asterisk due to the pandemic, but still).

Even our D should hold them pretty well, and it will be interesting to see what our completely revamped offense will do.

This is one game I look forward to (maybe the only of the season, lol). 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 08:06:05 EDT »

I find myself fighting irrational optimism, lol... I think we start 3-0. Pretty much guaranteed to lose to fl, bama, georgia. Should handle south Alabama, and Vandy. The rest are toss ups in my mind  So you seem a bit pessimistic Bandit   
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 08:31:01 EDT »

Played them in 15 under Butch....Final 59-30. BG record that year....10-4.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2021, 09:08:43 EDT »

I'm excited to see Milton. WR looks good, as does RB.  First 5 OL should be serviceable, after that idk. DL looks adequately deep. LB? Surprised they haven't moved Whitehead back to LB with RB depth. Secondary seems ok depthwise. Course all these players have been here, and maybe are part of the problem. There is no way QB cannot be better! Absolute best would be 8-4 & worst could conceivably be 4-8. I'll hedge & say somewhere between  
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 09:24:39 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2021, 09:41:37 EDT »

If you had told me 20 years ago that there would be a serious post on this board saying we can beat Bowling Green...

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2021, 11:54:17 EDT »

If you had told me 20 years ago that there would be a serious post on this board saying we can beat Bowling Green...

"We" gon whip they fizzleing ass, or should! I went back & looked at last year, and we started 2-0 lol. Predictably lost to Georgia, but embarrassingly after being ahead at half!!! Then the KY debacle, and the wheels came off. Were poised for 5-5, 6-4. Not great by any means, but would have been acceptable. I tried to support Gitmo like I always do the players. Simply the worst performance I've ever seen by a UT qb. Other than Manning against Florida in 96. Sad but true. At least that Florida team was a very, very good team. And National Champs.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 02:21:35 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2021, 03:56:09 EDT »

There’s no way we’re not improved over last year.  That had to be rock bottom.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2021, 07:18:57 EDT »

There’s no way we’re not improved over last year.  That had to be rock bottom.

We can hope so! From the 2nd half of the UGA game to the last game of the season that was as bad of football as I've ever seen. We were bad all around....I've never seen anything like it.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2021, 09:29:17 EDT »

I know!  Very aware of that.  But it is where we are.  I share the optimism that Heupel will be an improvement over Pruitt, and definitely so on the offensive side of the ball, but it's hard to ignore that we literally lead the nation in portal transfers, including most of our LB corps and all our DL starters from last year, plus our top two RBs. 

It is where we are right now, unfortunately.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2021, 10:00:56 EDT »

I find myself fighting irrational optimism, lol... I think we start 3-0. Pretty much guaranteed to lose to fl, bama, georgia. Should handle south Alabama, and Vandy. The rest are toss ups in my mind  So you seem a bit pessimistic Bandit   

Our second game against Pittsburgh will be pretty tough.  They were middle of the pack ACC last year, which, unfortunately, is probably about where we are as a team, more or less.  Pundits are saying the Pittsburgh game may be the difference in going to a bowl or not. I think we can beat both Junior and Vandy, and be competitive vs UK and Ole Miss, and Mizzou.  Pretty much writing off Uga, UF and bammer.

VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2021, 10:04:15 EDT »

I'll be there with 2 friends.....IF actions due to Covid doesn't  cause us to be denied. I'm anxious to see if Milton can avoid int's, if so it sounds as if our WRs and RBs can be exciting.         
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: