VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 12:15:28 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So what do you think? Is it going to be a long season? I can't watch the game  (Read 895 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2021, 05:41:22 EDT »

until later. I've seen a few negative comments about Milton on social media.. Is he the answer this year? The comments range from missing receivers to wondering why, with his size, he isn't running with authority. What is the deal? First game hiccups or what you see is what you get.

volsboyinsodak
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 07:20:22 EDT »

Still stand by my 6-6 prediction,  if we get a break or two.

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 07:24:03 EDT »

until later. I've seen a few negative comments about Milton on social media.. Is he the answer this year? The comments range from missing receivers to wondering why, with his size, he isn't running with authority. What is the deal? First game hiccups or what you see is what you get.

He didnt overwhelm any one with his passing, but he did run with authority IMO.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 07:54:44 EDT »

Just five wins from bowl eligible. How many SEC teams do we beat is the question.

volsboyinsodak
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 11:14:43 EDT »

Just five wins from bowl eligible. How many SEC teams do we beat is the question.

Can we beat Pitt?  I think that is a big question, IMO.  I liked a lot of what Milton did, in general, but yeah, he has a lot of work to do with his downfield passes.  It will probably be a long process to fix, as well.  I guess that is why coach left him in the game as long as he did.  Coach, I guess, is pretty sure he is the man and wanted to get him as many reps as possible.  I was not really impressed with his late TD pass - two guys in the back of the endzone and Milton pretty much threw it up for grabs.  A great throw, no doubt, but still.  He does not seem too close to being able to hit rcvrs in stride with the long ball.  He may have been overly cautious, but I take that as a positive for now. 

I liked that way we played, the Oline seemed to get off the ball way better that in the past - not too many critical errors (which has been a trademark), and penalties were much improved.  I don't really remember us getting one procedure penalty, but we may have.  We got 3 kinda curious holding penalties.  2 back to back by the same guy...WTH.  That was a head scratcher.  ANother hold on a quick pass....WTF?  Kinda bogus, IMO. 

wtkvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2021, 10:19:05 EDT »

Still stand by my 6-6 prediction,  if we get a break or two.

Or maybe even three
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: