VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 11:43:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: As disappointing as today was, I am encouraged by better coaching  (Read 2108 times)
10EC
« on: September 12, 2021, 12:01:27 EDT »

It has been so, so long.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 12:03:49 EDT »

Completely agree

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 12:07:16 EDT »

The DB that blocked the punt said that they had seen something on film and he jumper to the spot just before the snap
Also said the Ekler had taught to put the hand at the toe of the punters foot
Seemed to me he was essentially untouched

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2021, 12:09:28 EDT »

I agree.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2021, 12:11:39 EDT »

Good coaching anecdote Pirate. Lemme add our tackling is better, and OL play is much improved.

Plus, the transfers have been very positive additions. Current management may not be perfect, but it seems solid.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2021, 02:03:21 EDT »

We ran a bubble screen and two Utah Passes today

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2021, 02:14:16 EDT »

We ran a bubble screen and two Utah Passes today

I still see Siran Stacey running when I think of Utah passes. Someday we shall hit a home run on one.

As an aside, here's a line from a long time Pitt reporter.

https://twitter.com/ChrisDokish/status/1436823059831398401?s=20

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2021, 02:42:09 EDT »

I still see Siran Stacey running when I think of Utah passes. Someday we shall hit a home run on one.

As an aside, here's a line from a long time Pitt reporter.

https://twitter.com/ChrisDokish/status/1436823059831398401?s=20

The reporter is on target.  Hope to see Hooker start vs Tech but continue to develop Milton, as Hooker is out after this year.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2021, 02:48:32 EDT »

Agree that the coaching seems much better. Two games in a row we seemed to make some good half time adjustments.

But...it's going to be a while before I buy in.  Been burned too much the last 12 years. 

I was skeptical of Lane but willing to give him a chance.  Just looking at his year here, I think it was overated.  We had a couple nice wins, but IMO 2-3 games he gave away with bad decisions.

Dooley.  Truly never had much confidence in him, was just hoping he would recruit well, bring some stability to the program, and leave a full larder for the next guy.  Unfortunately he even failed at that. 

Jones.  When I first heard he was a candidate, did.not.want.  But when he came on board, recruited well, and went into full sales mode I got onboard for a while. Never thought he would win a natty, but thought he could get us to consistent 8-4/9-3 years, and again maybe set the stage for the next guy.  To his credit, he ALMOST met my (relatively low) expectations, but the end of the 2016 season was about as disheartening and disgusting as it's been, and that's saying something.

Pruitt. Also not my first choice, but figured that even if he lacked Jones salesmanship, he at least knew football.  Thought "he can't be worse than Jones, can he". But, in retrospect, he was!  Yikes.

Heupel.  Cautiously optimistic, but going to wait and see.  I think I will be in this mode well into next season, maybe beyond. My only expectation for this season is that the offense had better improve. It has!  So far...

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: