VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 05:50:21 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumour has it that the game is nearing a sellout  (Read 3675 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2021, 07:13:17 EDT »

IIRC I only purchased tickets on the street in K'ville one time because I had season tickets for several years or prior to that been given tickets....Don't know how it is the past several years but back in the day Tennessee high school football coaches could call the UT ticket office and put your name on the will call list...which I did a few times..

The one time the wife and me bought them on the street we had given away our season tickets due to not being able to go due to a conflict....Friday before the game less than 24 hours before kickoff the conflict was cancelled...we weren't going to ask for our tickets back so we loaded the car and headed East 325 miles.

The tickets I purchased on the street 30 minutes before kickoff..........The UT-Auburn game when AU was ranked No.1 with Bo Jackson....Paid 150.00 for the pair and it was worth every penny..
No Mas!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2021, 12:26:05 EDT »

IIRC I only purchased tickets on the street in K'ville one time because I had season tickets for several years or prior to that been given tickets....Don't know how it is the past several years but back in the day Tennessee high school football coaches could call the UT ticket office and put your name on the will call list...which I did a few times..

The one time the wife and me bought them on the street we had given away our season tickets due to not being able to go due to a conflict....Friday before the game less than 24 hours before kickoff the conflict was cancelled...we weren't going to ask for our tickets back so we loaded the car and headed East 325 miles.

The tickets I purchased on the street 30 minutes before kickoff..........The UT-Auburn game when AU was ranked No.1 with Bo Jackson....Paid 150.00 for the pair and it was worth every penny..

That was the first real game I attended. I was a freshman. It was actually the second home game of the season, but back then the school year always started after the first game and student tickets were not available for the first game, or at any rate very few students went as school was not yet in session. 

Man that was an awesome game.  T Rob just ripped right through the Auburn pass defense, and Bo infamously took himself out of the game early.

It's definitely in my top five. I would put it 4th behind 95 bama, 98 florida, and 98 ark.  96 bammer would be no. 5.  That's games I have attended.

But yeah, even thought $150 was a lot more in 1985, it was worth every penny!

It seems games overall were a lot funner back then.  Someone let go a rubber chicken hanging from a balloon prior to the game, and it floated all through the stands for the entire game.  There were also several beach balls bouncing around in the stadium also. You just don't see stuff like that anymore, maybe because of social media.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: