VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 11:28:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This UGa game should be interesting. I'm not predicting an upset by  (Read 2231 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2021, 09:35:46 EST »

any means, but it will be fun to see how well they can slow our offense down. But if they can't I don't know how well we can stop them either. Hope it's not a blow out and we don't have injuries. I want us to bury Vandy in a few weeks.

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 10:57:13 EST »

We aren't good enough to hang with UGA yet. There's a very good chance we score more on them than anyone else has this season...but that isn't saying a lot since the most they've given up in a single game is 13. Offensively, I don't think they're any better than UK...but we didn't exactly stop UK. This is probably the best defense Georgia has ever had. And maybe one of the best that the SEC has ever seen. I hate it, because I don't think there's anyone who will beat them this season...UGA winning the national championship would be almost unbearable. That fan base is the most obnoxious in college sports, hands down.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2021, 11:34:14 EST »

I would like to think we could win, but more likely that we make it a game for 2-3 quarters & then the dam will break. The zebras will intervene if need be. 
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2021, 12:35:13 EST »

Their defense has been impressive. Nobody they have faced has quite the offense we do. Hope we can get out in front early and make them keep up.

volsboyinsodak
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2021, 01:26:27 EST »

Too lazy to look it up, but wasn't UT ahead at half last year?    
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2021, 01:57:57 EST »

Here is my issue against UGA's No.1 defense.

UT’s OL:

Ranked 126 of 130 in sack rate
Ranked 117 of 130 in standard down sack rate
Ranked 128 of 130 in passing down sack rate
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2021, 02:02:13 EST »

UGA winning the national championship would be almost unbearable. That fan base is the most obnoxious in college sports, hands down.

Amen to that.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2021, 03:31:33 EST »

UT’s OL:

Ain't looking good 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2021, 06:43:41 EST »

UT’s OL:

But also 31st in ypc and 18th in rush yards.  I'd rather have a line that can run block than pass block.  I also think that some of the sacks are QB runs that get stopped behind the line.  Also think that Heupel may be sacrificing protection for getting receivers open down field.

Even with all that (some of which is speculative), there is no excuse for it to be that bad.  It will be really interesting to see how our offense does, uga will be a true test for sure.

Also, FWIW, UFC was 63rd in sacks allowed last year.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2021, 07:30:08 EST »

UGA winning the national championship would be almost unbearable. That fan base is the most obnoxious in college sports, hands down.

Looking forward to collecting rent this Saturday at Neyland Sanford North Stadium, while repping the G.  Gotta do my part to uphold our reputation as the most obnoxious [fan base] in college sports, hands down

Goooooo Dawgs!  Sic 'em.  Woof, woof, woof!    
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 07:31:50 EST by Jedi Master » Logged

tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2021, 08:30:58 EST »

Jedi? I think they have medication for that.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2021, 08:50:02 EST »

That fan base is the most obnoxious in college sports, hands down.

No. Just no. 

Get back to me when they poison trees, do a teabag on an unconcious LSU fan, have a middle aged women kick a college student in the head during a game, or shoot and kill each other after a game (has happened twice with bammer fans in the last 3 years). 

Bammer fans are infinitely worse than any other on this planet.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2021, 12:19:07 EST »

According to Wildcat Lair UT fans are hands down the worst, of the worst! According to them nobody in the SEC likes UT fans 
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2021, 12:52:42 EST »

I wish that I shared the optimism of some about the game this weekend. 

I'm afraid that we will have to play a really good game to keep it within 3 TD's.  UGA's defense is just strong and fast that I really think that we will have trouble moving the ball against them, even with an up-tempo strategy.

I really hope that I'm wrong.  I would really like to hand them an L.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2021, 12:57:30 EST »

According to Wildcat Lair UT fans are hands down the worst, of the worst! According to them nobody in the SEC likes UT fans 
snicker

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2021, 03:41:18 EST »

I'm afraid that we will have to play a really good game to keep it within 3 TD's.  UGA's defense is just strong and fast that I really think that we will have trouble moving the ball against them, even with an up-tempo strategy.

That's where I'm at, too.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2021, 10:55:38 EST »

Will be interesting to see our offense against their D.

I think we are the best offense they will have faced.  If UK could score 13 on them, we should get at least 20.  I guess we will see.

tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2021, 10:47:06 EST »

Will be interesting to see our offense against their D.

I think we are the best offense they will have faced.  If UK could score 13 on them, we should get at least 20.  I guess we will see.
I think I have a good point to disagree with that. For the past couple or three weeks we have been operating without a detectable run game. It isn't the offense that is defficient but we need the bodies to run it. That being said... I can see us scoring three TDs. I will be very happy if we can prevent them from doing to us what they did to Vandy. We have given up huge gains rushing... and ugly has the manpower.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 10:49:51 EST by tshadow » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: