VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 12:25:47 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No way! Not going to happen?  (Read 1519 times)
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2021, 10:15:36 EST »

Particularly if Ugly beats Bama in the secc... They have to fall out of the payoff picture with two losses. Right?
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 11:11:41 EST »

You would think!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 11:15:51 EST »

Probably. But the field behind UGA is pretty weak. They might give bammer every benefit of the doubt to get them in (as usual).

tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2021, 11:29:11 EST »

Probably. But the field behind UGA is pretty weak. They might give bammer every benefit of the doubt to get them in (as usual).

But the optics are pretty ugly if Bama takes the #4 spot and Ugly is #1... The entire CFW (college football world) would scream bloody murder. The money people get away with whiping Bama's @$$ but that would be too obvious to ignore.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 11:33:56 EST by tshadow » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 06:05:19 EST »

They absolutely should, but the SEC network is pushing hard for it. Particularly saban's PAL Finebaum.  Its sickening to watch him constantly pimp bama for the second playoff spot for the SEC.

(PAL = Personal Ass Licker)

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 04:28:45 EST »

They absolutely should, but the SEC network is pushing hard for it. Particularly saban's PAL Finebaum.  Its sickening to watch him constantly pimp bama for the second playoff spot for the SEC.

(PAL = Personal Ass Licker)

Finebaum isn't wrong though. It's easy to say that a 1-loss team should get in ahead of a 2-loss team. But is the goal truly to put the best 4 teams in CFB in the playoff? If so, Alabama is one of those 4.

I mean, if we all know that Alabama would whip Notre Dame or Oklahoma State, what's the real argument for not putting them in the playoff and having two legitimate semifinal games vs. leaving them out "because they have 2 losses" and having a 1 vs. 4 blowout in the semifinal? That's happened too many times.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 04:30:47 EST by Creek Walker » Logged
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2021, 11:20:25 EST »

When I started this thread... it was in response to a media speculator prognosticating a Bama v Ugly rematch in the semi-final... That stretches credulity.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2021, 07:02:47 EST »

Finebaum isn't wrong though. It's easy to say that a 1-loss team should get in ahead of a 2-loss team. But is the goal truly to put the best 4 teams in CFB in the playoff? If so, Alabama is one of those 4.

I mean, if we all know that Alabama would whip Notre Dame or Oklahoma State, what's the real argument for not putting them in the playoff and having two legitimate semifinal games vs. leaving them out "because they have 2 losses" and having a 1 vs. 4 blowout in the semifinal? That's happened too many times.

Bama lost to a three loss Texas A&M team and nearly lost to Arkansas and a terrible LSU team at home. If Bo Nix was healthy they might very well be capable of losing to Auburn today but I think with Bo out they lose. Uga might very well blow them out. They should not be in the playoffs with two losses, period, dot.

Besides the WLs, its worth pointing outbthat there is significant bama fatigue and the optics of a bama uga rematch are horrible.

I could perhaps throw in the politics of spreading the money around, but surprisingly yhos has not seemed to matter in past selections, or less than one would expect.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2021, 07:03:18 EST »

In the meantime, Go Tigers!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: