VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 09:44:17 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking at the NFL draft it is obvious why UGA and Bama have been an automatic L  (Read 3436 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2022, 11:37:10 EDT »

for us for so long. The talent they have is unfair. I hope we get a little better on D and our offense can keep us in these games against them. I still don't know how last years UF trash team beat us.

volsboyinsodak
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2022, 02:08:55 EDT »

for us for so long. The talent they have is unfair. I hope we get a little better on D and our offense can keep us in these games against them. I still don't know how last years UF trash team beat us.

Umm, I've got bad news for you..

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 05:01:06 EDT »

Okay. Is it going to be another 40 years? Who will win their next national title first, Smart or Saban? I know who I would put money on.

volsboyinsodak
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2022, 06:07:08 EDT »

Okay. Is it going to be another 40 years? Who will win their next national title first, Smart or Saban? I know who I would put money on.

40 years?  Naw man, you'll see that Kirby isn't that patient.  He'll win another within the next 3 years.   Your boy Saban didn't win his first (co-natty) as a Div-1 head coach until year 9, at age 52, whereas Kirby got his in year 6 at age 46.  So Kirby is on track.

Speaking of droughts, how long before the Vols win their next national title in football?  24 years and counting, right?  Between Heupel and Smart, who would you put money on?

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2022, 07:57:07 EDT »

We all can choose how we react to anything. Personally, I’m really enjoying watching this baseball team play. Obviously, I hope that they win a national title but if that doesn’t happen it will not decrease the satisfaction that I’ve had watching this team perform so far this season.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2022, 09:27:53 EDT »

We all can choose how we react to anything. Personally, I’m really enjoying watching this baseball team play. Obviously, I hope that they win a national title but if that doesn’t happen it will not decrease the satisfaction that I’ve had watching this team perform so far this season.

I think this is the wrong thread 
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2022, 04:24:35 EDT »

Although I am a die-hard UGA fan, I respect what the Vols have built in their baseball program.  I sincerely hope the Vols win the College World Series this year, and wish them good luck the rest of the way.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2022, 04:41:21 EDT »

40 years?  Naw man, you'll see that Kirby isn't that patient.  He'll win another within the next 3 years.   Your boy Saban didn't win his first (co-natty) as a Div-1 head coach until year 9, at age 52, whereas Kirby got his in year 6 at age 46.  So Kirby is on track.

Speaking of droughts, how long before the Vols win their next national title in football?  24 years and counting, right?  Between Heupel and Smart, who would you put money on?

At least I can remember that Third Eye Blind had a hit in 1998.  I have to go to google to know that KC and the Sunshine Band had a hit in 1980.

15 players to the draft....I know Smart is continuing to recruit at a high level,  but (a) I would anticipate a drop this year and (b) will he ever recreate that defense you had last year?  I doubt it.  Then there is (c) IMO the NIL will tend to level the playing field.  The best consensus I have seen on the effect of NIL is that it will increase the gap between haves and have nots, but some have nots with resources will improve (UT definitely in that category).  Of the four teams that have dominated the playoffs in the last ten years, Clemson stands to lose from NIL (is the consensus I follow) but could adapt.  Uga and OSU will be about the same, bammer loses a bit due to higher (and open!) competition.

We will see how it plays out.  Very few coaches have won multiple NCs.  We will see if Smart can or not.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2022, 05:13:51 EDT »

I think this is the wrong thread 
Of that, there can be no doubt. 😂😂😂

Apologies.
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2022, 02:40:14 EDT »

At least I can remember that Third Eye Blind had a hit in 1998.  I have to go to google to know that KC and the Sunshine Band had a hit in 1980.

15 players to the draft....I know Smart is continuing to recruit at a high level,  but (a) I would anticipate a drop this year and (b) will he ever recreate that defense you had last year?  I doubt it.  Then there is (c) IMO the NIL will tend to level the playing field.  The best consensus I have seen on the effect of NIL is that it will increase the gap between haves and have nots, but some have nots with resources will improve (UT definitely in that category).  Of the four teams that have dominated the playoffs in the last ten years, Clemson stands to lose from NIL (is the consensus I follow) but could adapt.  Uga and OSU will be about the same, bammer loses a bit due to higher (and open!) competition.

We will see how it plays out.  Very few coaches have won multiple NCs.  We will see if Smart can or not.

Not sure what songs have to do with anything, but now you only have to remember to 2022 when thinking of UGA's last natty. 

a. Why are you anticipating a drop this year?  The defense will drop a bit, no doubt, but the offense will improve a bit.  Best OL, TEs, RBs in the SEC, with an experienced natty winner at QB.  On defense, UGA rotated a lot of guys last year, and lots of backups got experience from UGA's blow outs.  Are you thinking that UGA will actually have to rebuild, instead of reload?   UGA's defense will likely have three 1st round draft picks in the 2023 draft.

b. Why would you ever doubt Kirby's ability to field an elite defense?  The defense is Kirby's baby. 

c. Kirby will use NIL in ways that few others can.  First, he's not going to use NIL to buy superstars.  Instead, he's going to use UGA's collective to spread the NIL dollars across the roster, so that everyone gets something.  Maintains morale. If star players strike their own NIL deals (like JT Daniels did last year, Brock Bowers this year), then that is fine.  But Kirby will use UGA's collective NIL to pay the scholarship costs for 5 to 10 walkons, as a way to get around the 85 scholarship limit.  So, a recruit who would otherwise get a scholarship at another SEC/ACC school can just walk on at UGA and his scholly will be paid for with NIL (from the collective).  To get the superstar recruits, Kirby will instead point to the draft, and show that he can develop them to where they are drafted and make much bigger money than NIL.  For example, with the slotting system of the NFL's rookie wage scale, UGA's 15 draftees from this past weekend will have NFL contract values of $137M, with signing bonuses of $57M.  That is what will lure the superstar recruits.  Kirby and Nick are playing underwater 3D chess, while the rest are playing checkers with NIL.

This year it will be UGA, Bama and tOSU in the CFP.  Then there will be a long drop-off as to the 4th team who will get in.  Clemson?  Perhaps.  (Their QB/offense situation is still a mess.)  OU? Maybe.  USCw? Possible.  But it will by and large be a 3 team race this year.   Fact is, based on roster talent and culture, most games involving UGA, Bama and tOSU against lesser opponents are won before the games are even played.  The outcome is pretty much known, and no amount of game-day X&O coaching by the opposition can change that. The culture at these elite programs is what separates them from the other teams that recruit pretty well but never win on the field, such as Texas and USCw (before Riley, of course). 

Regarding multiple NCs, obviously Saban and Dabo are the only active coaches to have done so.  In my opinion, Kirby joining them within the next few years is more probability than possibility. 

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2022, 03:31:27 EDT »

Not sure what songs have to do with anything, but now you only have to remember to 2022 when thinking of UGA's last natty.  

a. Why are you anticipating a drop this year?  The defense will drop a bit, no doubt, but the offense will improve a bit.  Best OL, TEs, RBs in the SEC, with an experienced natty winner at QB.  On defense, UGA rotated a lot of guys last year, and lots of backups got experience from UGA's blow outs.  Are you thinking that UGA will actually have to rebuild, instead of reload?   UGA's defense will likely have three 1st round draft picks in the 2023 draft.

b. Why would you ever doubt Kirby's ability to field an elite defense?  The defense is Kirby's baby.  

c. Kirby will use NIL in ways that few others can.  First, he's not going to use NIL to buy superstars.  Instead, he's going to use UGA's collective to spread the NIL dollars across the roster, so that everyone gets something.  Maintains morale. If star players strike their own NIL deals (like JT Daniels did last year, Brock Bowers this year), then that is fine.  But Kirby will use UGA's collective NIL to pay the scholarship costs for 5 to 10 walkons, as a way to get around the 85 scholarship limit.  So, a recruit who would otherwise get a scholarship at another SEC/ACC school can just walk on at UGA and his scholly will be paid for with NIL (from the collective).  To get the superstar recruits, Kirby will instead point to the draft, and show that he can develop them to where they are drafted and make much bigger money than NIL.  For example, with the slotting system of the NFL's rookie wage scale, UGA's 15 draftees from this past weekend will have NFL contract values of $137M, with signing bonuses of $57M.  That is what will lure the superstar recruits.  Kirby and Nick are playing underwater 3D chess, while the rest are playing checkers with NIL.

This year it will be UGA, Bama and tOSU in the CFP.  Then there will be a long drop-off as to the 4th team who will get in.  Clemson?  Perhaps.  (Their QB/offense situation is still a mess.)  OU? Maybe.  USCw? Possible.  But it will by and large be a 3 team race this year.   Fact is, based on roster talent and culture, most games involving UGA, Bama and tOSU against lesser opponents are won before the games are even played.  The outcome is pretty much known, and no amount of game-day X&O coaching by the opposition can change that. The culture at these elite programs is what separates them from the other teams that recruit pretty well but never win on the field, such as Texas and USCw (before Riley, of course).  

Regarding multiple NCs, obviously Saban and Dabo are the only active coaches to have done so.  In my opinion, Kirby joining them within the next few years is more probability than possibility.  

Oh god. "Thank you" for that tome. Uga got over the hump. Congrats. The future is unknown. UT & uga have very comparable "traditions". No shame in our game. Tennessee has one of the more robust economies in the SEC which translates to $$$. I think UT will do very well with NIL too. And, here is the kicker, proximity to mama still matters & UT is in a great location for Georgia talent, the Carolinas, and the growing Nashville area talent base. So enjoy your year as champs, but the journey is far from over.Things can & do change.  Cheers.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 03:44:00 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2022, 03:34:43 EDT »

a. Why are you anticipating a drop this year?  The defense will drop a bit, no doubt, but the offense will improve a bit.  Best OL, TEs, RBs in the SEC, with an experienced natty winner at QB.  On defense, UGA rotated a lot of guys last year, and lots of backups got experience from UGA's blow outs.  Are you thinking that UGA will actually have to rebuild, instead of reload?   UGA's defense will likely have three 1st round draft picks in the 2023 draft.

b. Why would you ever doubt Kirby's ability to field an elite defense?  The defense is Kirby's baby.  

c. Kirby will use NIL in ways that few others can.  First, he's not going to use NIL to buy superstars.  Instead, he's going to use UGA's collective to spread the NIL dollars across the roster, so that everyone gets something.  Maintains morale. If star players strike their own NIL deals (like JT Daniels did last year, Brock Bowers this year), then that is fine.  But Kirby will use UGA's collective NIL to pay the scholarship costs for 5 to 10 walkons, as a way to get around the 85 scholarship limit.  So, a recruit who would otherwise get a scholarship at another SEC/ACC school can just walk on at UGA and his scholly will be paid for with NIL (from the collective).  To get the superstar recruits, Kirby will instead point to the draft, and show that he can develop them to where they are drafted and make much bigger money than NIL.  For example, with the slotting system of the NFL's rookie wage scale, UGA's 15 draftees from this past weekend will have NFL contract values of $137M, with signing bonuses of $57M.  That is what will lure the superstar recruits.  Kirby and Nick are playing underwater 3D chess, while the rest are playing checkers with NIL.

This year it will be UGA, Bama and tOSU in the CFP.  Then there will be a long drop-off as to the 4th team who will get in.  Clemson?  Perhaps.  (Their QB/offense situation is still a mess.)  OU? Maybe.  USCw? Possible.  But it will by and large be a 3 team race this year.   Fact is, based on roster talent and culture, most games involving UGA, Bama and tOSU against lesser opponents are won before the games are even played.  The outcome is pretty much known, and no amount of game-day X&O coaching by the opposition can change that. The culture at these elite programs is what separates them from the other teams that recruit pretty well but never win on the field, such as Texas and USCw (before Riley, of course).  

Regarding multiple NCs, obviously Saban and Dabo are the only active coaches to have done so.  In my opinion, Kirby joining them within the next few years is more probability than possibility.  

Also you called them Kirby & Nick. You tight with each? Stop that shizzle. Dadgummit! 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 06:04:54 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2022, 01:14:56 EDT »

a. Why are you anticipating a drop this year?  The defense will drop a bit, no doubt, but the offense will improve a bit.  Best OL, TEs, RBs in the SEC, with an experienced natty winner at QB.  On defense, UGA rotated a lot of guys last year, and lots of backups got experience from UGA's blow outs.  Are you thinking that UGA will actually have to rebuild, instead of reload?   UGA's defense will likely have three 1st round draft picks in the 2023 draft.

b. Why would you ever doubt Kirby's ability to field an elite defense?  The defense is Kirby's baby. 

c. Kirby will use NIL in ways that few others can.  First, he's not going to use NIL to buy superstars.  Instead, he's going to use UGA's collective to spread the NIL dollars across the roster, so that everyone gets something.  Maintains morale. If star players strike their own NIL deals (like JT Daniels did last year, Brock Bowers this year), then that is fine.  But Kirby will use UGA's collective NIL to pay the scholarship costs for 5 to 10 walkons, as a way to get around the 85 scholarship limit.  So, a recruit who would otherwise get a scholarship at another SEC/ACC school can just walk on at UGA and his scholly will be paid for with NIL (from the collective).  To get the superstar recruits, Kirby will instead point to the draft, and show that he can develop them to where they are drafted and make much bigger money than NIL.  For example, with the slotting system of the NFL's rookie wage scale, UGA's 15 draftees from this past weekend will have NFL contract values of $137M, with signing bonuses of $57M.  That is what will lure the superstar recruits.  Kirby and Nick are playing underwater 3D chess, while the rest are playing checkers with NIL.

This year it will be UGA, Bama and tOSU in the CFP.  Then there will be a long drop-off as to the 4th team who will get in.  Clemson?  Perhaps.  (Their QB/offense situation is still a mess.)  OU? Maybe.  USCw? Possible.  But it will by and large be a 3 team race this year.   Fact is, based on roster talent and culture, most games involving UGA, Bama and tOSU against lesser opponents are won before the games are even played.  The outcome is pretty much known, and no amount of game-day X&O coaching by the opposition can change that. The culture at these elite programs is what separates them from the other teams that recruit pretty well but never win on the field, such as Texas and USCw (before Riley, of course). 

Regarding multiple NCs, obviously Saban and Dabo are the only active coaches to have done so.  In my opinion, Kirby joining them within the next few years is more probability than possibility. 

Didn't Bama score pretty easy in the SECCg against that vaunted defense? Your schedule was very favorable too. Not denying a great season. I thought the Dawgs were the best team from the opening bell of the season. Peace.

volsboyinsodak
wtkvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2022, 02:22:30 EDT »

And Alabama is expected to have 7 in the first round. Like Kiper said ga dose not win without Alabama losing the two receivers   we saw the before and after.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2022, 03:56:31 EDT »

So Uga puts five defenders in the first round and they are just going to pick up where they left off?  Riiigggghhhht!   

You're funny.

No doubt uga is and should be still the favorite in the East this year.  That's partly because the rest of the East sucks.  Likely its the Vols or UK at no. 2, that's how bad the rest of the division is.  You can keep exploiting that a year or two more. In the meantime good luck repeating next year. I don't see it happening.

As for Uga UA and OSU still being almost locks to make the playoffs this year, I agree.  Never said that wasn't true this year. It will take 2-3 seasons for the NIL effect to sink in.  We are starting the second season, not reasonable to expect big changes right away.

I will predict that we start to see some variety in 23 or at latest 24.

In the meantime, enjoy the perfect storm of Kirby's recruiting prowess (learned from the master cheater Saban no doubt!), the weakness of other East teams, and the lag in the NIL effect.  It will last one more season, two at the most.  Good luck with that.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2022, 02:46:32 EDT »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4jzM_gdi5A

volsboyinsodak
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2022, 03:09:51 EDT »

I think we've seen enough of this. Thanks bamaboy.
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2022, 03:44:32 EDT »

How dare you.  That bullshizzle obviously made Kirbs mad:
41-0
38-12
43-14
44-21
41-17

When will the Vols get within 3 TDs again?

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2022, 03:46:36 EDT »

How dare you.  That bullshizzle obviously made Kirbs mad:
41-0
38-12
43-14
44-21
41-17

When will the Vols get within 3 TDs again?
I look for the return of Neyland South THIS year

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2022, 03:56:59 EDT »

It will take 2-3 seasons for the NIL effect to sink in.  We are starting the second season, not reasonable to expect big changes right away.

..and the lag in the NIL effect.  It will last one more season, two at the most.  Good luck with that.   

OMG. Do you really believe that NIL is going to be some great equalizer?!

Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2022, 04:00:48 EDT »

I look for the return of Neyland South THIS year
Big Orange Caravan will be stopped short of Athens this year. 

(Also, UTk would have been better served if Dobbs just took a knee to end that game.  Deep down you know its true.)

Creek Walker
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2022, 04:24:22 EDT »

OMG. Do you really believe that NIL is going to be some great equalizer?!

Your titty baby coach seems awfully concerned about it.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2022, 04:47:19 EDT »

(Also, UTk would have been better served if Dobbs just took a knee to end that game.  Deep down you know its true.)
What you are tokng is illegal in this state ...  
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 04:51:13 EDT by PirateVOL » Logged

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2022, 04:47:43 EDT »

(Also, UTk would have been better served if Dobbs just took a knee to end that game.  Deep down you know its true.)
I guess it still stings, no?

11B4PJ3F7
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2022, 04:51:12 EDT »

Trivia time for you Jedi:

Q: How do you make 7k people louder than 70k?
A: Give Josh Dobbs a football and 4 seconds

11B4PJ3F7
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: