VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 09:11:47 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Regarding LIV & PGA...  (Read 564 times)
SmokeyJoe
« on: June 18, 2022, 02:56:26 EDT »

I'm confused now. The PGA ought to shut their trap maybe. Mickelson, who is legendary, was excoriated. The PGA had their tentacles everywhere, but haven't players always played tours in Europe & Asia?   Maybe I'm confused. I would say the PGA would be a very angry Anglo organization. Just by logical extension. The USGA welcomed players back, right? Everybody knows Phil needs to cover extraordinary gambling debts, and DJ needs to cover the cost of his lady. Come on! What gives with all the hatefulness? Somebody here knows more than me. Give it up!  
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 09:58:54 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 03:08:35 EDT »

Barkley said he'd kill a relative for $200 million  The USA has always loved on Saudi Arabia. Amirite? Not being "political"... Being real.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 03:14:37 EDT »

I'm confused now. The PGA ought to shut their trap maybe. Mickelson, who is legendary, was excoriated. The PGA had their tentacles everywhere, but haven't players always played tours in Europe & Asia?   Maybe I'm confused. I would say the PGA would be a very angry Anglo organization. Just by logical extension. The USGA welcomed players back, right? Everybody knows Phil needs to cover extraordinary gambling debts, and DJ needs to cover the cost of his tail (tail means his lady/his booty, honkies) Come on! What gives with all the hatefulness? Somebody here knows more than me. Give it up!  
the other tours are “associated” with the PGA.
It’s about C O N T R O L
The PGA wants to control when and how they fart, NIL, etc
Phil especially has been repeatedly critical of the PGA and their general stupidity so they are attempting to make an “example” of him

IMO in the end the PGA is the loser, just a question of when the reality of the loss is exposed

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2022, 05:32:17 EDT »

To me, the PGA response in terms of the Saudi angle reeks of hypocrisy. I believe that the PGA decided to take that stance simply in fear of losing some top pros.

I watched some of the LIV inaugural event and enjoyed the coverage. The talent level isn’t going to be a big draw unless they attract more of the best players in the game, but the coverage was good I thought.

I watch golf to see the best in the game compete against each other. For that reason, I think that two “tours”, each attracting some of the best in the game, would make the fans the big losers. For that admittedly selfish reasoning, I really hope that this thing works itself out for the good of the game (whatever that may be).

If I want to become actively involved in revolting against the Saudi regime, I will likely first take a long hard look at my own country’s government policies and the corporations which partner with these folks. I won’t start with a group of professional golfers who are out to make a fortune.

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2022, 05:38:54 EDT »

Yeah, but this is the guy who makes Mickelson's gambling look penny ante.

Barkley said he'd kill a relative for $200 million  The USA has always loved on Saudi Arabia. Amirite? Not being "political"... Being real.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2022, 05:47:36 EDT »

I just see it as a Saban vs Jimbo deal. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: