VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 04:54:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Thread: Florida 2022  (Read 5521 times)
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2022, 01:50:32 EDT »

That all depends on the strength of the other top ten teams. I would say this team isn't a top 7 or 8 team. Yet. 10 wins is within the grasp of this team; this year.
10 wins is a possibility now. I have said all along that 8 would show improvement, but now I think that there should be a legit expectation for 9 and possibly even 10 wins.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2022, 01:51:11 EDT »

The problem is our defense made Richardson's performance almost Heisman worthy. We can't stop the run or pass. Other than that our D is fine,

But they didn't win. And when Richardson had his chance to craft a heisman moment, he threw a game-deciding pick.

I'm not saying that HH is now the Heisman frontrunner, or even on the Heisman radar. But this game was a demonstrative exhibition of a good QB vs. a great QB. Both put up big numbers. But one made the plays when he had to. The other did not. We've been on the wrong side of this equation enough lately that we should savor it when we're on the right side.

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2022, 01:59:56 EDT »

I hope that FU gives Napier a huge contract hike and extension....I love that guy 

11B4PJ3F7
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2022, 03:52:49 EDT »

But they didn't win. And when Richardson had his chance to craft a heisman moment, he threw a game-deciding pick.

I'm not saying that HH is now the Heisman frontrunner, or even on the Heisman radar. But this game was a demonstrative exhibition of a good QB vs. a great QB. Both put up big numbers. But one made the plays when he had to. The other did not. We've been on the wrong side of this equation enough lately that we should savor it when we're on the right side.

Looked to me like two suck-ass defenses. I am just worried we wont be able to stop the better SEC teams.  UF just doesn't have the talent all over the field we are accustomed to seeing.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 03:59:13 EDT by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2022, 03:58:05 EDT »

That all depends on the strength of the other top ten teams. I would say this team isn't a top 7 or 8 team. Yet. 10 wins is within the grasp of this team; this year.
Not with this defense. Especially if the offense has a bad game. Lot's of running teams to face from here on out.

volsboyinsodak
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 25, 2022, 03:59:40 EDT »

Looked to me like too suck-ass defenses. I am just worried we wont be able to stop the better SEC teams.  UF just doesn't have the talent all over the field we are accustomed to seeing.

maybe, just maybe, our offense made their defense look like a "suck-ass" unit?

11B4PJ3F7
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 25, 2022, 04:01:13 EDT »

Hopefully many of those recruits at the game today are defensive players.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2022, 04:03:37 EDT »

maybe, just maybe, our offense made their defense look like a "suck-ass" unit?
Well our defense got Richardson out of his slump too. They aren't even a good offense and they put up some huge numbers as well.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2022, 04:08:52 EDT »

La Tech is a little bitchy Butch wannabe

Great minds think alike. I was texting this very thing to a buddy during the game.  I said that Sun Belt Billy "pulled a Butch" 

But will Billy blame it on a chart?   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2022, 04:11:24 EDT »

The problem is our defense made Richardson's performance almost Heisman worthy. We can't stop the run or pass. Other than that our D is fine,

We actually slowed their rush attack pretty well for the most part, but did give up 5-6 bigish runs in critical situations.  The 3rd and 12 at their 28 is particularly galling. 

We did make AR look way better than he is (IMO) throwing the ball all day long.

Agree the D has a long way to go, unfortunately

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2022, 04:11:30 EDT »

WE WON! Great day. Now just get the ready for LSU.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2022, 04:12:33 EDT »

Not to mention the fumble at a critical time.  I was counting on him doing something like that. He did not disappoint.   

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2022, 04:13:11 EDT »

We actually slowed their rush attack pretty well for the most part, but did give up 5-6 bigish runs in critical situations.  The 3rd and 12 at their 28 is particularly galling. 

We did make AR look way better than he is (IMO) throwing the ball all day long.

Agree the D has a long way to go, unfortunately
I do see this defense struggles when the other team has 3rd and long.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2022, 04:13:49 EDT »

Looked to me like two suck-ass defenses. I am just worried we wont be able to stop the better SEC teams.  UF just doesn't have the talent all over the field we are accustomed to seeing.

It definitely was "two suck ass defenses".  Theirs did suck a bit worse.

What saved us is our offense >>> theirs

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2022, 04:15:42 EDT »

It definitely was "two suck ass defenses".  Theirs did suck a bit worse.

What saved us is our offense >>> theirs
Yep. Gonna make a lot of games nail biters.

volsboyinsodak
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2022, 04:20:13 EDT »

Not with this defense. Especially if the offense has a bad game. Lot's of running teams to face from here on out.

You're right about the defense. Last Saturday I mentioned some concern about it. I caught a little bit of flak about it. I'm not sure if the problem is coaching or if we could tweak the S&C program a little.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2022, 04:22:00 EDT »

Congrats on the 5th highest topic ever on the board

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 25, 2022, 04:22:27 EDT »

You're right about the defense. Last Saturday I mentioned some concern about it. I caught a little bit of flak about it. I'm not sure if the problem is coaching or if we could tweak the S&C program a little.

Recruiting also...particularly at CB and LB

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 25, 2022, 04:31:04 EDT »

I’ve said this elsewhere, but I really think that we are short of good quality SEC players on the defensive side of the ball. I believe that’s a big part of the problem.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: