VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 10:08:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some points to consider vs LSU  (Read 685 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2022, 05:30:15 EDT »

We have a pretty decent DL, LSU has a pretty bad OL. This is in our favor.

One of their best CBs was injured early vs. Auburn and is out.  This may explain some of the unexpected success of the Auburn passing attack, though that was only a first half thing so maybe LSU adjusted, but still, this is in our favor.

The LSU QB was only 8/20 vs. Auburn. I am sure Auburn's pass D is a lot better than ours, but 8/20 is very encouraging.  I think this is also in our favor.

Will we win? I don't know, but I am feeling pretty good about it.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 05:40:35 EDT »

We need five seconds of respectable coverage from our secondary on each play. If we can get that... hopefully our pressure will catch up and disrupt. Of course five seconds in football can be an excruciating lifetime.
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 07:04:10 EDT »

I like our chances. Daniels is not a great QB. And while he's not a huge threat on the ground, the fact that he's nursing a knee injury probably limits his running ability a bit. I suppose the fact that we (predictably) made Anthony Richardson look like a Heisman winner should scare me, but I just don't think LSU's offense can out-score our offense.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2022, 07:19:48 EDT »

I like our chances. Daniels is not a great QB. And while he's not a huge threat on the ground, the fact that he's nursing a knee injury probably limits his running ability a bit. I suppose the fact that we (predictably) made Anthony Richardson look like a Heisman winner should scare me, but I just don't think LSU's offense can out-score our offense.

As much crap as AR has gotten this season, including from me, and some of it deserved, he is a better talent than Daniels. I am not that afraid of Daniels, and our run D has been pretty good.  LSU has played respectable defense so they may slow us down a bit, but I really do like our odds against them. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2022, 10:02:32 EDT »

I'm just being cautious with my hopes / expectations.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2022, 01:56:45 EDT »

HE has a similar injury to the one Peyton had before the Orange Bowl in the 97 season

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2022, 03:42:48 EDT »

I watched the LSU vs Auburn game yesterday and LSU, at least in that game, did not look impressive. If we play as we have thus far, and don't have TOs, we should win by a comfortable margin IMO.       
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2022, 01:28:11 EDT »

I just worry about our defense stopping anyone. I hope it doesn't cost us too many games. We don't play as physical as a few teams on our schedule.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: