VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 12:10:05 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One of the most satisfying aspects of the win is the check on bammer  (Read 495 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2022, 11:48:48 EDT »

Having lived in the state for a long time, I've had to suffer through the greatest period of their success, even exceeding that run in the 70s by the barh.

One of the most frustrating parts of it is knowing that had Tennesse been at its traditional strength, we would have stopped at least some of it.

Our progam being down was a significant contributor to their success. I would not say it was the no. 1 factor, but definitely it mattered that we were only a notch above Vandy and Kentucky throughout the last decade.

In fact, the defeat in 2009 comes to mind, as that may have just stopped their first NC (I don't know who else was good that year that might have faced Tejas in the NC), and that was the last time we were considered a credible threat to them.  Unfortunately it set the tone for the next decade.

So year after year watching them succeed and living vicarariously through the occasional upset by other SEC teams, I always wanted it to be us, but more, could not help thinking IT SHOULD be Tennessee putting some spokes in their wheels.  We always have!  And should always.

Finally finally finally, the balance of the universe is right again.  I only hope it continues well into the future.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 12:01:18 EDT »

I’m concerned that we broke the streak in the first game after I moved here. Do I…have to stay here forever now?

Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2022, 12:03:13 EDT »

I’m concerned that we broke the streak in the first game after I moved here. Do I…have to stay here forever now?

After two decades of a curse, we're changing nothing. You can leave when the VOLS come off the stadium.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2022, 12:17:23 EDT »

I really hope that you love your current home and the neighborhood!!! 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2022, 12:42:08 EDT »

short answer: YES!!!!

Sucks to be you!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2022, 01:26:59 EDT »

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2022, 03:35:44 EDT »

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: